Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New Camaro Saves the Day

Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Default New Camaro Saves the Day

So after work today I was going home but decided to pick up a friend. We got on the interstate when I noticed a red rustang coming up pretty quick behind me and I was in the second lane (of 4) and he jumps into the third lane and slows down beside me and I see that he is a GT so I'm not even gonna try and race b/c I don't feel like getting my a$$ handed to me so I stay the speed limit and he is reving at me and I'm thinking to myself "Come on douche, go bother someone else" and not even a minute after he revs at me I see a yellow car coming up behind who happens to jump into the fourth lane and it's a new Camaro. I'm thinking by now "Great, 2 douche bags..." My friend is sitting beside me being the typical friend "COME ON BRAD! COME ON YOU GOTTA DO IT!!!!$%$T#" But once the Camaro pulled up he starts messing with the rustang and finally the rustang backs off and starts driving slower (Mind you, this is the V6 Camaro lol). I think he knew what was going on because he nodded his head and continued to drive down the interstate with me until I had to get off on my exit. Goes to show you that not ALL of us sports car drivers are egotistical ******.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

perfect example, sometimes just stay the course, i've been shut down before by a v8 camaro, with no attempt at a race!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 View Post
perfect example, sometimes just stay the course, i've been shut down before by a v8 camaro, with no attempt at a race!!!
Lol, it's all good though, right

Old 09-26-2009, 02:41 AM

The look of the new Camaro, V6 or V8 is intimidating enough to anyone, depending on the year of the Mustang, that Camaro might may have been able to take it, or make it close. I remember one time seeing a 2002 Camaro SS, functional hood scoop and all, custom exhaust (she was a loud one), so I cruising on by, doing 50 while he's doing 35, and I guess that stirred his pot because I heard him jump on the accelerator, and that's when I got scared, hearing that V8 roar towards me to catch up, checking my side view mirror it was only gonna take a few more seconds, but luckily a semi truck and a bus in the two lanes in front of us forced us to both slow down, while he took the next exit, I waved him off, signaling a good time. Phew, narrowly dodged a huge defeat.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I run it whenever I can haha

A lot of times I will run a car, even if I know I'm going to lose, just to see what that car can do. I'll give them a thumbs up and a nod. Makes them feel good for the work they've done, and I just like to see what cars can do haha

Old 09-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep View Post
I run it whenever I can haha

A lot of times I will run a car, even if I know I'm going to lose, just to see what that car can do. I'll give them a thumbs up and a nod. Makes them feel good for the work they've done, and I just like to see what cars can do haha
X2...even if I know i'm going to loose bigtime, i'll still go for it...Its funs to just do it, and its kinda cool to race a car with 50HP more or something, and think to yourself..."S*it, that guy has a lot more power than me, and he only look me by 3 car lengths! Damn, go MONTE! LOL"

Old 09-26-2009, 06:04 PM

lol are to funny, i would of seriously done it too! but to each his own, your brave for not racing that v8. those damn camaro's are on point, i saw one recently pass by me and i could stop looking. i love my monte and am going to keep it, but they hooked that "Straight Arrow" up

Old 09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Damn I need to get into a race...

Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM

I don't even try that in the 3.1 Monte. That's my cruiser. What I think is funny is
I have a '70 C-10 with a Thumpin' L-48 350/300hp +. You can hear it a mile away
with the big cam & Turbo muffs. I can't ever get a Mustang to run it! They just
try to pretend I'm not there!