General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new question for those with aftermarket rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Default new question for those with aftermarket rims

OK I had the little knocking pulse in the column so I bought the grease kit and had my local shop grease it for me. Now my steering doesnt feel as tight but now my car feels like it sways and ever since I put my new rims on when I get up to higher speeds the car feels like it wobbles a bit (tires were balanced so not a balance issue)My buddy thinks I'm crazy but I thought Id try here and see if anyone of you have ideas to what it may be. I was thinking being it seemed worse after the greasing that maybe the struts are going bad since it feels like its swaying and the rough ride at higher speeds? Or has anyone else here done the greasing and feel it made it worse?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ok need some ideas here on issues

you might want to get your sway bar links checked out, ummm..but is this the first time you've put these wheels on? how big are they? possibly they're the wrong bolt pattern, maybe just off slightly, or maybe they're out of balance

Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 PM

Yeah first time for the wheels put on. Tires were balanced and even spin balanced. I may have to pull a wheel and check the bolt pattern. I bought them off a guy and he told me they were 5x115 but i should double check. But i only get the swaying/rough ride as i accelerate to higher speeds.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 AM

OK I was just reading some stuff online and have a new q to all with aftermarket rims. I bought my rims used off a guy and the car shakes at higher speeds. Do any of you with aftermarket rims have the wheel centric rings on the rim? I do not have any of those on my rims and was wondering if that could be the issue? if that is the issue where do I need to install these rings?