Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

What is best way to reduce wheel well?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:14 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
You will be fine. I understand your concerns but you're over stressing yourself. My 06 is dropped closer to 2" and I have absolutely no issues rubbing, dragging, bottoming out, etc. I also lowered my previous Monte Carlo (03 SS) and that was dropped 1.3" (front) and 1.0" (rear), so basically the drop specs you mentioned. Also, I have NOT installed camber bolts or shorter dog bones on either car and honestly have been just fine. A 1-2" drop isn't really enough to warrant the use of them. Anti-pogo washers are an enhancer (change the stock floating design to a solid so the strut better dampens spring movement) and more personal preference if anything.

To give you an idea of looks, here's a shot of my 03 lowered.

And my 06 lowered.

OMG YOUR 03 IN GORGEOUS THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT MY CAR TO LOOK LIKE SMALL WHEEL WELL. I personally hate the long big wheel wells that i honestly see and just want to get rid of it as best as possible Im going to change the tires to a summer tire, then I'm going to drop it in the spring around april, so basically i ming trust do 1.3 in front and 1.0 in the back just like yours cause you really got rid of your well.

Clarification guys

SPRINGS, STRUTS, WHEEL WASHERS. Thats all i need? OR SHOULD I REQUEST FOR SOMETHING ELSE TO BE THAT IS VITIAL IMPORTANT?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well first look around to see what lowering springs are available for the car. I can tell you right off the bat that Vogtland and Canuck Motorsports (what I have on my 06) are currently the main two manufacturers, and I believe Vogtland is closer to the drop specs you want. If you want springs tailored to the exact drop you want you'll most likely need to go to a custom spring shop which means you'll pay at least 3x more for the springs. I think in your case Vogtland will be the way to go.

Struts, springs, strut mounts - those are the main components.

And it's wheel "gap" that you're talking about.