Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
View Poll Results: Would you like to see more UMI Performance W-Body Suspension Parts?
Absolutely!
75.00%
No.
0%
It Doesn't Matter to me.
25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Want More UMI Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Want More UMI Performance Parts

So, I've got boxes of UMI Performance stuff for my '84 Camaro. I know another guy who has used their products and LOVE'EM. I have not installed anything on the Camaro yet, but I love the design and craftsmanship of the stuff I have so far.

I like the products so much, i put UMI Performance rear trailing arms on my Monte. The part that bums me right now, is those are the ONLY suspension parts UMI offers for the '97-'05 W-Body. I e-mailed them a while ago and claim that they plan to make more products for the W-Body platform, but don't know when they would release anything new to their catalog.

I know there are companies such as ZZP, BMR and a few others who offer any suspension parts I would want, but I would really like to stay with UMI Performance products. Right now, I am wishing UMI Performance would offer front and rear strut tower braces and sway bars. Anyone else share my opinion or interest, if so, I would ask to send an e-mail to UMI Performance and express your interest in more products for the W-Body platform (as with any company, they need to see/hear their is a market or demand for their products).
Here are their e-mail addresses:
Sales:
brad@umiperformance.com
support@umiperformance.com
Technical Support:
jerry@umiperformance.com

Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM

I know you and I have talked about this. I emailed them as I am trying to wait paitently to get my UMI TA's back from the powder coater and nice weather to put them on. They are beefy solid bars. Unfortunatly by the time they do possibly produce parts I wont need them.

Last edited by 7801MonteMan; 02-02-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
Unfortunatly by the time they do possibly produce parts I wont need them.
I am feeling the same way. If they don't move soon on strut tower braces, I may go towards another vendor. I know ZZP offered some really nice deals Black Friday on their STBs (so I may wait until then Black Friday 2011 and if UMI doesn't have anything see if ZZP sets out cheap STBs again).

Still, I REALLY like the UMI products and hope they come out with something. Figured I'd see if I could rally some backing from the MCF crew. Couldn't hurt.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 PM

I'm sticking with the stock strut tower braces and the D-Rome brackets. I mean they help tighten things up but unless the metal goes around all the bolts on the strut mounts and that metal is a thick gauge. I'll make due with what I have.

I never really heard back from them. So what have they say exactly about the strut tower braces. I think that would be a safe move for them to see how much interest. Heck even if theymade a short run of parts for us W-body guys. Maybe either continue what your doing and getting people to email or maybe a group buy type of deal would help them move along in the process.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 AM

10 Year Member

Right now, I have no STB on my Monte (I even passed up getting a stock one in a junk yard recently, as I would prefer to go with a BMR or ZZP ones if UMI does not step up).
If UMI does not produce one, I am unsure which I would prefer.... The BMR or the ZZP designs....

Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really wanna get the rear STB on my car.