Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

track bar and trailing arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Default track bar and trailing arms

so i recently changed the trackbar and rear trailing arm on my 01 ss i plan on doing the passenger side too mainly just for quality reasons they have no issues as of yet also time to do lower control arm bushings and ball joints my plan is to do the bushings and ball joints first cause bushings are totally shot and not that pricey what i am wondering is is doing it this way gonna have an adverse affect in my steering as i know when everything is done an alignment will be necesary to adjust the track bars and what not for proper steering and anything else i should change before doing the alignment will do struts eventualy as well but am on a very tight budget right now so can't just do it all at once or should i just buy the parts as i can and do it all at once which would be ideal if the lca bushings werent so bad and affecting the steering now any advice would be greatly helpful ty

Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its my understanding:

That struts are suppose to be changed every 40,000 miles....
Not knowing what kind of mileage is on yours...or what it is...( besides a MonteCarlo}.. It sounds like it already is haveing maintenance issues..(high mileage) repairs... I will say that when struts...springs are worn out...Thats when you start haveing bushings wearing prematurely due to
NON support by the suspension...

Something to think about...on the importance of a good suspension system...