Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Build: Is there any bagged riders on the forum?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:03 PM
1 Year Member
Question Is there any bagged riders on the forum?

So i just put my car into the shop to install some bags! im so stoked, and i was just wondering if anyone else had a bagged monte carlo?

If anyone has some basic knowledge to be passed on let me know, i did my research on my bags but im just a noob at suspension mods period.

i will post pictures and videos of my car when i get it back, which is like the 19th of july.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, your making the leap and actually getting your Monte bagged? Very unique, think you will be the very first 6th gen ever to have this done. Going to look so bad azz with your already cherried out Monte. Gopint to be a good looking car dropped like that. Rolling with the homies...

Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Been planning to do mine for over 2 years now, just havent been able to save up the $3,000 so just been researching all I can, different companies that have a kit especially for our montes, which I only found a couple. Someday. Was hoping to do it this year but lack of funds stops me again. I made a thread about it last year here somewhere asking if anyone else was bagged so I could get some advice. Are you getting it done at a place that specializes in bagging or just a regular shop?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

This one was at the Onstead Kiwanis MIS car show this past weekend that the MMCC recently attended...

NO..
He isn't in the MMCC ...

Rumor has it he claimed to be from this forum...
But I cant confirm that..

Name:  DSC_0711_zps8c66e81b.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  84.5 KB

Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I've been planning to bag turbo monte as well but haven't done it yet. I know what I'm getting and how I'm doing it though

Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member

Nice John, your the only one I could even think of who will be going the extra mile to do a serious mod like this. from what you have mentioned before it won't be so very easy to do. But from how I have seen you work, if anyone can do it themselves, your the man!!

The slammed Monte in Dave's post does look pretty inspiring.

Best of luck Hawaii, can't wait to see your finished ride bro...

Old 07-15-2014, 10:20 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 View Post
Wow, your making the leap and actually getting your Monte bagged? Very unique, think you will be the very first 6th gen ever to have this done. Going to look so bad azz with your already cherried out Monte. Gopint to be a good looking car dropped like that. Rolling with the homies...
Nice John, your the only one I could even think of who will be going the extra mile to do a serious mod like this. from what you have mentioned before it won't be so very easy to do. But from how I have seen you work, if anyone can do it themselves, your the man!!

The slammed Monte in Dave's post does look pretty inspiring.

Best of luck Hawaii, can't wait to see your finished ride bro...
yeah homie, i wish i could go coils but the roads in hawaii are ridiculous!! but i definitely know im going to be the only bagged 6th gen monte on the islands haha. will keep you posted!

Originally Posted by Montelicious View Post
Been planning to do mine for over 2 years now, just havent been able to save up the $3,000 so just been researching all I can, different companies that have a kit especially for our montes, which I only found a couple. Someday. Was hoping to do it this year but lack of funds stops me again. I made a thread about it last year here somewhere asking if anyone else was bagged so I could get some advice. Are you getting it done at a place that specializes in bagging or just a regular shop?
Nice, thats pretty much the money you need...mines cost me 3400 installed. Im not sure if they specialize in bags, but i know they did do previous installations on the many bagged cars we have in hawaii, so im thinking theyre reliable...and for your bag setup you should look into viair, universal air suspension, and airride products...thats what my parts are composed of.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI View Post
This one was at the Onstead Kiwanis MIS car show this past weekend that the MMCC recently attended...

NO..
He isn't in the MMCC ...

Rumor has it he claimed to be from this forum...
But I cant confirm that..

That monte look pretty killer slammed to the ground haha. Think mines will be lower (hopefully) cuz i got smaller wheels.

Originally Posted by turbo monte View Post
I've been planning to bag turbo monte as well but haven't done it yet. I know what I'm getting and how I'm doing it though
thats excellent to hear, i would love to hear your future setup and pictures when you get it done!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

So you dont think I would be going the extra mile to do mine? lol
And yes it is alot of work and modifying and research. Some things need to be flipped, some things need to be cut, etc... Money is what has been stopping me. Not everyone can afford to do all they want to their cars so we just do what we can a little at a time. It will be done, just not sure when.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:52 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious View Post
So you dont think I would be going the extra mile to do mine? lol
And yes it is alot of work and modifying and research. Some things need to be flipped, some things need to be cut, etc... Money is what has been stopping me. Not everyone can afford to do all they want to their cars so we just do what we can a little at a time. It will be done, just not sure when.

Well when you do bag your car i would love to see the finished product, keep me posted!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Build: Is there any bagged riders on the forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.