Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   Suspension Build: Is there any bagged riders on the forum? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/there-any-bagged-riders-forum-49611/)

HIxArsenaL 07-14-2014 11:03 PM

Is there any bagged riders on the forum?

So i just put my car into the shop to install some bags! im so stoked, and i was just wondering if anyone else had a bagged monte carlo? :confused:

If anyone has some basic knowledge to be passed on let me know, i did my research on my bags but im just a noob at suspension mods period. :thumbsdown:

i will post pictures and videos of my car when i get it back, which is like the 19th of july.

ZIPPY02 07-15-2014 08:26 AM

Wow, your making the leap and actually getting your Monte bagged? Very unique, think you will be the very first 6th gen ever to have this done. Going to look so bad azz with your already cherried out Monte. Gopint to be a good looking car dropped like that. Rolling with the homies... :thumbsup:

Montelicious 07-15-2014 08:59 AM

Been planning to do mine for over 2 years now, just havent been able to save up the $3,000 so just been researching all I can, different companies that have a kit especially for our montes, which I only found a couple. Someday. Was hoping to do it this year but lack of funds stops me again. I made a thread about it last year here somewhere asking if anyone else was bagged so I could get some advice. Are you getting it done at a place that specializes in bagging or just a regular shop?

STUMPMI 07-15-2014 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one was at the Onstead Kiwanis MIS car show this past weekend that the MMCC recently attended...

NO..
He isn't in the MMCC ...

Rumor has it he claimed to be from this forum...
But I cant confirm that..

Attachment 26048

turbo monte 07-15-2014 09:24 AM

I've been planning to bag turbo monte as well but haven't done it yet. I know what I'm getting and how I'm doing it though :)

ZIPPY02 07-15-2014 05:22 PM

Nice John, your the only one I could even think of who will be going the extra mile to do a serious mod like this. from what you have mentioned before it won't be so very easy to do. But from how I have seen you work, if anyone can do it themselves, your the man!!

The slammed Monte in Dave's post does look pretty inspiring.

Best of luck Hawaii, can't wait to see your finished ride bro... :thumbsup:

HIxArsenaL 07-15-2014 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 622137)
Wow, your making the leap and actually getting your Monte bagged? Very unique, think you will be the very first 6th gen ever to have this done. Going to look so bad azz with your already cherried out Monte. Gopint to be a good looking car dropped like that. Rolling with the homies... :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 622193)
Nice John, your the only one I could even think of who will be going the extra mile to do a serious mod like this. from what you have mentioned before it won't be so very easy to do. But from how I have seen you work, if anyone can do it themselves, your the man!!

The slammed Monte in Dave's post does look pretty inspiring.

Best of luck Hawaii, can't wait to see your finished ride bro... :thumbsup:

yeah homie, i wish i could go coils but the roads in hawaii are ridiculous!! but i definitely know im going to be the only bagged 6th gen monte on the islands haha. will keep you posted!

Originally Posted by Montelicious (Post 622143)
Been planning to do mine for over 2 years now, just havent been able to save up the $3,000 so just been researching all I can, different companies that have a kit especially for our montes, which I only found a couple. Someday. Was hoping to do it this year but lack of funds stops me again. I made a thread about it last year here somewhere asking if anyone else was bagged so I could get some advice. Are you getting it done at a place that specializes in bagging or just a regular shop?

Nice, thats pretty much the money you need...mines cost me 3400 installed. Im not sure if they specialize in bags, but i know they did do previous installations on the many bagged cars we have in hawaii, so im thinking theyre reliable...and for your bag setup you should look into viair, universal air suspension, and airride products...thats what my parts are composed of.

HIxArsenaL 07-15-2014 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 622146)
This one was at the Onstead Kiwanis MIS car show this past weekend that the MMCC recently attended...

NO..
He isn't in the MMCC ...

Rumor has it he claimed to be from this forum...
But I cant confirm that..

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8c66e81b.jpg

That monte look pretty killer slammed to the ground haha. Think mines will be lower (hopefully) cuz i got smaller wheels.

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 622149)
I've been planning to bag turbo monte as well but haven't done it yet. I know what I'm getting and how I'm doing it though :)

thats excellent to hear, i would love to hear your future setup and pictures when you get it done!

Montelicious 07-16-2014 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 622193)

So you dont think I would be going the extra mile to do mine? lol
And yes it is alot of work and modifying and research. Some things need to be flipped, some things need to be cut, etc... Money is what has been stopping me. Not everyone can afford to do all they want to their cars so we just do what we can a little at a time. It will be done, just not sure when.

HIxArsenaL 07-16-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Montelicious (Post 622283)
So you dont think I would be going the extra mile to do mine? lol
And yes it is alot of work and modifying and research. Some things need to be flipped, some things need to be cut, etc... Money is what has been stopping me. Not everyone can afford to do all they want to their cars so we just do what we can a little at a time. It will be done, just not sure when.

Well when you do bag your car i would love to see the finished product, keep me posted!