Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Small Pop near passenger side suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM
1 Year Member
Default Small Pop near passenger side suspension

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo. We've had it for about 5 years now, and the enter time we've had it there has been this pop coming from near the front passenger side, near where the tire is. I've done a lot of research and thought it was the Intermediate Steering Shaft problem, but after watching a video I know now it's definitely not that, especially since its no where near the ISS. I read once that it could be the motor mount. Whenever I rock my engine it pops. So it's a hood possibility. There is a high pitched whine from the steering pump whenever I am sitting still and turn the wheel. It seems to make that noise when I parallel park and am pulling out. Whenever I accelerate either from rest or very low mph, or even when I'm going down the road an floor it, and let off the gas suddenly, it pops. Also, I did this test where I drove I'm a tight circle and let it just coast and easily went down on the brake, an it pops then too. It only pops on the passenger side. Any ideas?