Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Can't seem to get the small side pieces out. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Default Can't seem to get the small side pieces out. Help!!!

I am trying to remove the two thin, tall side pieces that are on either side of the back seat...the vertical part. I've pulled on them until it feels like i'm going to break them and they aren't any closer to coming off than they were before I started. I have taken out the 4 10mm bolts that go through the plastic trim piece that's connected to both of the side pieces but not only can't I get that plastic trim piece off, those side pieces won't budge either. Anybody know how to get them off?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM

dude i don't think those are coming out unless you take the paneling off i bet the paneling on the side was put on afterwards.

just try and run your hand between them and see which ends first.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 PM

and for my own curiosity whats your plan on cooling your amp? I have one 4x220 and one 4x700, my concern about putting them in the trunk is the heat and the lack of air movement

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

id say check inside the trunk they might be bolted from the back and my opinon on cooling amps you can either put a little fan back there but then theres me that took a fan from a computer

Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

and cut a whole in the top cheer of the amp and wired it up to the leads off amp.... and i drilled some holes in the sides to pullbthe air throught...

Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by MonteDriver
dude i don't think those are coming out unless you take the paneling off i bet the paneling on the side was put on afterwards.

just try and run your hand between them and see which ends first.
I got them off before, back when I put my 6x9's in but I don't remember how I did it. I know for a fact though that I didn't have to remove any paneling to get it off. The side panels don't affect the side pieces from coming off in any way, that I know for a fact.

Originally Posted by MonteDriver
and for my own curiosity whats your plan on cooling your amp? I have one 4x220 and one 4x700, my concern about putting them in the trunk is the heat and the lack of air movement
90% of my installs over the 17yrs I've been doing them have had at least one amp in the trunk and I've never had an issue with heat ever.

In this system I won't be running rear speakers, my front stage will be strong enough to where I won't need rear fill so my 6x9 openings will be open. I'm going to be running almost 1000 watts rms to my subs so there will be plenty of air moving, and the way i'm building my amp rack will allow for the air from the subs to move around the amps and up through the 6x9 openings. If I find that heat is an issue then I can simply hook up some 120mm fans on either side of the amps.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
id say check inside the trunk they might be bolted from the back
I'd rather not get into guessing games

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
and cut a whole in the top cheer of the amp and wired it up to the leads off amp.... and i drilled some holes in the sides to pullbthe air throught...
This thread is about the side pieces of the back seat, not about cooling amps, please stay on topic.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 PM

hey 04, lemme see if I can get what your getting at...

you want to remove what piece? the top one? the side ones with the carpet and the pop rivet? the seat belt pieces? ill do some looking and see what I can find out, just gotta know what piece you want! haha

Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by vita
hey 04, lemme see if I can get what your getting at...

you want to remove what piece? the top one? the side ones with the carpet and the pop rivet? the seat belt pieces? ill do some looking and see what I can find out, just gotta know what piece you want! haha
I need to remove the vertical pieces on the far left and far right. The pieces that make up part of the backrest.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 AM

its a little late for me now (since I also have some jaw pain from getting my wisdom teeth out like 12 hours ago) but Ill go and try to take a look tomorrow, at the LATEST friday. Ill post back what I can figure out. if you find out before then... shoot me a pm or post up how you were able to do it... now you got me curious. haha

Quick Reply: Can't seem to get the small side pieces out. Help!!!