Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

rotors again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Default rotors again!

well i think im going to be getting new rotors im thinking either power slot or baer does anybody have either or to tell me about them i know the baer haveare drilled and i heard they are prone to cracking i think?but they look pretty tight but i want looks and performance all around.i havent heard much about baer on this forum mainly power slot,any info onboth would begreat.thanks

Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: rotors again!

personally with me slotted rotors would be nice, i may go to that, but definetely pads wise i go raybestos fully ceramic (qs pads) , no brake dust and they last for a very long time

i've got those pads, on the rear with raybestos rotors, haven't done anything to the fronts, dont need them yet, but maybe when i do i might,

but if your going to spend that much on the rotors' make sure you get ceramic pads

Old 07-01-2007, 07:09 PM

It depends what you are looking for and take them intoconsideration. Looks,how you drive the car, and how often you can afford to change them.

Stock - Longest life, good stopping power, no cost. Think of going to ceramic pads to increase stopping power. Not meant for beating on.

Slotted - Good life and reliable. Excellent stopping power. Looks really good. Allows you to safely have more fun and should beconsidered if you are modding the engine to help stop all that extra power. In my mind the best bang for the buck. Starts to eat up break pads quicker. These will last about as long as stock rotors do.

Cross Drilled - Even better stopping power. Looks really cool. Helps with the safe stopping. Starts to eat up brake pads quicker. Better than slotted if doing alot of quick stop and go moves. Problem is that the stop and go heats and cools the rotors which will start to cause fracturing. Needs to be replaced more frequently than slotted.

Cross Drilled/Slotted -Top of the linestopping power. Looks the best as well, very sporty. Eats brake pads for breakfast so be ready to clean your rims from the brake dust generated. These need to be replaced frequently due to the cracking from quick stop/go. Excellent for drifting!!!! (which we don't do - FWD) Street drifters will need to change these out after 3-10 session of hard driving depending how smart and how hard they drive their cars due to the fact they will have cracked by now. If you are going into car shows this will be your rotor of choice.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 AM

I can agree. Power slot is the way to go. The Cross Drilled and slotted are great for weekend drivers, but for a daily application, especially in semi-aggressive applications, Slotted is the way to go. Also, if a Cadmium plating is available, get it. It resists rusting, and looks great. Also, Ceramic, like Dan said, is definitely a plus. It prevents the "sqwwwwweeeek" that you get with cheaper pads and rotors when breaking, and gives you that extra "grip" right when you need it most.

Oh, and if you have anything newer than 2000 Monte, this package is gonna be the way to go:

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...oduct_Count=17

Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 AM

ok about the ceramics i think they would be good for slotted(which im probably goingto get)but what if they werecross drilled,because aint those rotors supposed to run cooler and theceramics are for high temps?so wouldent theybe working against each other?correct me if im wrong.oh and the rotors imlooking at are these the look pretty sweet!

http://www.powerslot.com/pages/power_slot_cryo.html

Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took my Powerslots off my '01 and put them on my '04 with 35,000 on them. I just had them turned again, with another 43,000 on them. The Hawk HPS pads still are almost new. Both pads and rotors have 78,000 on them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I put them on my wife's '99 Silverado Z71 Sportside. also.