Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Powder coatin' rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 AM

No what I meant by ghetto is leaving it on cinder blocks. Leave the on jack stands. I would never leave my car on block, plus it might do sum damage

Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hey bro, if I remember right it was $40 per rim to have them powder coated and $75 to have all 4 red pinstriped and clear coated. The shop who did the pinstriping and coating also painted my stripes on a few months before, so perhaps they cut me some slack, and then perhaps not. Comes out to about $60 per rim...Cheaper than buying new rims. I mean I looked and looked at rims and nothing fit in with my Black / Red theme. So this was my work around solution.

I actually liked the OEM rims, seemed to be a pretty nice design. The car was designed with 16" in mind and it helps at the track with this size rim. Bought a spare set of the same OEM rims, had them powder coated the same and mounted my Drag radials. Looks kosher at the track that way....

Now go get yours done...You can get a whole myriad of colors, and it's not like you painted them. I use wheel cleaners and power wash them with out worring about the color flaking off.
thanks, i will have to look into it, except my stock rims are lame so i'm going to paint those myself until i can afford the new ones lol

Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hey bro, if I remember right it was $40 per rim to have them powder coated and $75 to have all 4 red pinstriped and clear coated. The shop who did the pinstriping and coating also painted my stripes on a few months before, so perhaps they cut me some slack, and then perhaps not. Comes out to about $60 per rim...Cheaper than buying new rims. I mean I looked and looked at rims and nothing fit in with my Black / Red theme. So this was my work around solution.

I actually liked the OEM rims, seemed to be a pretty nice design. The car was designed with 16" in mind and it helps at the track with this size rim. Bought a spare set of the same OEM rims, had them powder coated the same and mounted my Drag radials. Looks kosher at the track that way....

Now go get yours done...You can get a whole myriad of colors, and it's not like you painted them. I use wheel cleaners and power wash them with out worring about the color flaking off.

they look real good, i had bought some of the paint in a can from an auto store and painted my rims blk, i want to buy some blue lug nuts, and i was thinking of doing a blue little strip, but i dont want to clear coat the rims, but yours look awesome.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If money is an issue, just try to find a nice used set of rims

That's what I was able to do, and $250 later I have a great summer set

Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
If money is an issue, just try to find a nice used set of rims

That's what I was able to do, and $250 later I have a great summer set
That was my problem, I got college to pay for yo!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Randdady
That was my problem, I got college to pay for yo!
same here haha

Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Im getting new 18" Rims this April and i was thinking of selling the stock rims...Untill i saw this. But i wouldnt need a winter set since...i got no snow. Could keep them for the track but...i dont race. so idk.

ZIPPY02 Those look great. Might do something similar if i keep mine.