Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

oewheelsllc.com question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM

I'd be interested on how they look. I was looking at ordering a set from there as well.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They are due to arrive tomorrow so I will give my impressions and take some pictures when I get a chance.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Well, I received my wheels today. They are pretty nice but not perfect. They have some imperfections on the finish but I'm not that concerned about it considering they are going to get imperfections just from being on the car.

The one big difference between the factory wheels and the replica's is that the silver part on the face of the wheels have real fine machining lines compared to the polished silver parts on the factory wheels. My factory chevy truck rims have these same type of fine lines. At a distance you wouldn't be able to notice the difference and people who have never seen the factory finish would never know either.

The wheels are made in China and come with new valve stems, stem caps, and a blank black center cap. The wheel design looks to be identical to the factory wheels.

For the price, I'm happy with the wheels but the finish could be a little better. I guess to a point, you get what you pay for. I examined my factory wheels a little closer and there is also imperfections to the finish that is not caused by everyday use such as dirt in the black painted parts. For anyone thinking of getting these, don't expect them to be perfect. Here are a couple of pictures. I took one trying to capture the fine lines but I doubt you can see them.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks for the info, I'm still debating on what freaking wheels I want.... this is harder than trying to figure out a name for my daughter when she was born!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Well, I got the wheels mounted today and they look pretty good, actually better than what my factory wheels were looking like. My factory wheels were made in the US and had some numbers on the inside of the rim. I don't know if they were part numbers or what.

The car seems to run smoother with the new rims. My "Low Tire Pressure" message came on soon after I left the tire shop. I stopped at the next gas station and checked the pressures in all tires and they were all at 35psi so I don't know why the message came up. I reset it and hopefully the message stays off.

Wayne

Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Because the tires were changed it was probably tripped.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:26 PM

How do these sensors actually work. Don't they have something to do with the ABS sensors? How do they measure if the tire is low? Thanks.

Wayne

Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by 70monte1
How do these sensors actually work. Don't they have something to do with the ABS sensors? How do they measure if the tire is low? Thanks.

Wayne
Believe the way it's set up on pre-06 Monte is that one corner has to be "lower" then the other three. If memory serves correctly it's quite a big difference 10 pounds or so to set it off. I'm sure if I'm mistaken someone else will be along shortly to set me straight. The 06 & 07 actually have sensors on the valve stems that measure pressure and sends them back to the computer.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 AM

I looked in my owner's manual and it said if there was a twelve pound difference the message would come up but the only other time this message showed up, the lowest tire was only about five pounds different from the others though it was slightly lower than the recommended 30 psi. Thanks.

Wayne