Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

New Rotors and Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I got "brakemotive" off of ebay and I have over 100K miles on them and the pads still have more than half the thickness to them. Some people say they had problems with them like grinding and such and others say there is no need for D/S rotors and they dont work as well, But if there is any problem, you can return them. And as for them not working as well, mine work a hell of a lot better than stock and I love them. They cost 160 or 180 for front and back rotors and ceramic pads (i dont know about the pads being ceramic pads though seeing as I have tons of brake dust and have to clean my rims all the time) But I have them for my car and a friend has them for his cavalier and we havnt had ANY problems with them, and like I said, they work sooo much better than stock. They look cooler too
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...Q5fAccessories
Check them out. Its was a good investment for me
holy **** dude! I just ordered those! lol how do you like them, and which way do you have the drilled "spiral" going? As in like the top of the arc going towards the front, or the bottom of the arc going towards the front like a curved windmill

Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought the Akebono Street Performance pad back when it was relatively new (3 years ago) and I love them!!! Standard pads had warped a rotor and it all had to be replaced, so I read a lot of good things about the Akebono brake pad. They're still pretty quiet 3 years later, they haven't warped my rotor, and my rear brakes which are stock dust worse than my front brakes ever try to. I'd definitely buy them again myself... ceramics are the only way to go!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM

Nice. Ya my rims especially my fronts get all crappy with dust and crap from the brakes. Seeing how everyone loves them and they last a long time, i'm excited to get them.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:39 PM

After reading about them alot and hearing all the good feedback on them, i'm giving brakemotive brakes a shot. I got my set delivered on Thursday, going to paint them this weekend and install them next weekend. I hope I have the kind of luck with them wht02Monte has had.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Default brakemotive brakes

How do people still like the brakemotive brakes that have used them.

I need new brakes and pads for the front and eventually for the rear for a 2003 monte carlo. Its just for everday driving and getting the fronts for just $95 or all four for $160 seems like a great deal but im still skeptical.

Also has anyone ever used these redline brakes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...ht_3072wt_1167

They got positive reviews and are really cheap $68 for front brakes and pads. But would they be worth my time or should I go for the brakemotive or neither?

Last edited by mitchjn; 03-02-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Not sure, I don't have experience with either. Some one will chime in, and nice job searching.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:36 PM

im currently running the brakomotive drilled and slotted. braking was vastly improved front brakes went on no prob the rear centers were slightly smaller which was an issue. id get them again just based on the price. there performance was great i would just exchange the rears if there was a fitment issue next time around.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
im currently running the brakomotive drilled and slotted. braking was vastly improved front brakes went on no prob the rear centers were slightly smaller which was an issue. id get them again just based on the price. there performance was great i would just exchange the rears if there was a fitment issue next time around.
Thanks, I'm really considering getting all the rotors and pads since it seem very reasonable for everything. And even though Ive read a few negative reviews. It sounds like they have good customer service.

I have a 2003 monte carlo LS. So exactly what was the issue for the rears. Were they impossible or really difficult to get on?

This is my first time ever installing rotors/pads. So any tips will help. I've read a few posts and it sounds mostly straightforward. Some shop gave me an estimate on brakes. They were going to charge me $300 for the front and $500 for the rear (parts and installation). So ya thats why I'm now here.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM

its easy to do. my issues were that everything was beyond tight. im assuming that they impact gunned the **** out of everything on the car, or the brakes were never done before i bought the car. the rear rotors the center section was too small. i mean maybe a mm, but enough to cause me a bunch of trouble. i wound up having to take them to my brothers shop to machine them. i didnt have time to do an exchange. the fronts went on no problem once i got a pipe out to give me some leverage to break everything loose. i dont think youll have an issue. the fronts are super easy, and the rears will be fine as long as you can get the rotors on. if it puts up a big fight call them up and exchange them.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:51 AM

thanks a bunch for the info.
ya the brakes have been done once before on the car. just not by me

Quick Reply: New Rotors and Brakes