Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

My new rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Love that color combo on rims, they look good man.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Love that color combo on rims, they look good man.
Yea they look good. A red pinstripe will help make it pop and I also plan on painting my calipers red which will help it pop as well and help brake up all the black that you get with the tires and wheels.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Yea they look good. A red pinstripe will help make it pop and I also plan on painting my calipers red which will help it pop as well and help brake up all the black that you get with the tires and wheels.
Yeah that should look very nice.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:27 PM

They look great. I am in school and have changed some wheel and tire and such, and i am having a problem with some of the aftermarket wheels. You have to be very carefull to not scratch them, i will say that was the thing, cause three out of four is a free set of wheels from what i was told!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
They look great. I am in school and have changed some wheel and tire and such, and i am having a problem with some of the aftermarket wheels. You have to be very carefull to not scratch them, i will say that was the thing, cause three out of four is a free set of wheels from what i was told!
Which if he wants to buy me new wheels then I will turn around and sell them and go get mine pinstriped. Honestly I'm not looking for a new set of wheels or having mine re powder coated or anything like that. The easiest thing to do for everyone would be to just have someone pinstripe a stripe around to hide it. The scratches are pretty much in a "perfect" place. If he gets me knew wheels or re powder coats mine then the wheels have to come off, get re balanced and have the tires re installed and risk scratching the wheels again. Having them just get someone to paint a pinstripe is by far the easiest thing to do.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM

Nice complement to the car. I'd be crazy pissed though if my rims got scratched by the people who are supposed to be experienced in installing them. I've actually been looking at getting some rims for my car but the ones that I think would look best are constantly out of stock everywhere I look. I've literally bought them 4-5 times only to have my money refunded because of them being unavailable. It's driving me nuts, especially since I already have the tires for them.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by coolfonz
Nice complement to the car. I'd be crazy pissed though if my rims got scratched by the people who are supposed to be experienced in installing them. I've actually been looking at getting some rims for my car but the ones that I think would look best are constantly out of stock everywhere I look. I've literally bought them 4-5 times only to have my money refunded because of them being unavailable. It's driving me nuts, especially since I already have the tires for them.
You might check with a tire shop or something and see if they can special order them for you to make sure they come in.