Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

My new rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
1 Year Member

Also if anyone is interested, I am looking at selling my 06' SS rims. They need a little re finishing but in all are in pretty decent shape considering this was a northern car. If anyone is interested let me know. I'm thinking $100 a wheel. I am also out of Cary, North Carolina. So if you are local or fairly close, I wouldn't mind driving out to show you the rims. I will post some pics tomorrow so everyone can kind of get an idea of the kind of shape they are in.

Last edited by iMuf; 04-08-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: //
Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Also if anyone is interested, I am looking at selling my 06' SS rims. They need a little re finishing but in all are in pretty decent shape considering this was a northern car. If anyone is interested let me know. I'm thinking $100 a wheel. I am also out of Cary, North Carolina. So if you are local or fairly close, I wouldn't mind driving out to show you the rims. I will post some pics tomorrow so everyone can kind of get an idea of the kind of shape they are in.
might want to check the wanted ads here on the site. IIRC someone is looking for a set of them

Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Yea, you would think "professionals" would do it right but oh well. It will work it's self out in the end. If they don't pin stripe it red and cover it up that way then I'll take whatever money I get back and go have it done. Shouldn't be to much just to have it pinstriped.
That is why I rotate my own tires they always seam to want to scratch around the lug holes on the wheels

Old 04-09-2013, 08:05 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
That is why I rotate my own tires they always seam to want to scratch around the lug holes on the wheels
Mine is right around the edge from them installing the tire. Granted it's not bad and it's something that you really can't see if you are a couple steps back. But I got them in perfect condition, if I wanted used rims I would have got used rims lol. So hopefully I can talk the manager into getting someone to pinstripe them to cover up the scratches. Or give me back some money so I can go get them pinstriped.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

They look Good

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man those look pretty BA... can't wait to see them pinstriped in red.

A good shop has a hard plastic composite set of tools for their machines for use on sensitive wheels so they won't scratch them like that. I always take mine to the same shop now that I know they have the right system in place.....

Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Man those look pretty BA... can't wait to see them pinstriped in red.

A good shop has a hard plastic composite set of tools for their machines for use on sensitive wheels so they won't scratch them like that. I always take mine to the same shop now that I know they have the right system in place.....
Yea I won't ever be going to this place again. That's for sure. Guy was a smartass and tried to tell me it wasn't that bad. Which it may not be, but it never should have happened in the first place. They are going to have a detail shop come out and see if they can buff it out or get it re powder coated. I also am getting 2 free oil changes which more so just saves me money rather then going and buying oil and filters and what not. I normally just do all of that myself. They are also are going to adjust my E-brake which is pretty much non existent right now. So I think I made out pretty good. I'll just pinstripe them myself like I had planned on doing anyway. I will post some pics when I get them all taken care of and pinstriped

Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 AM

The rims look sweet. That Red pinstripe is going to set them off just right

Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

nice! went with the same brand. i love em!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

They look great man !!

Quick Reply: My new rims