Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Mount Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Default Mount Spacers?

Has anyone on here installed a full set of mount spacers?

I have a set going on soon with some homemade solid mounts with my AGX/Vogtland setup.

I also have an 2" intercooler and TOGs with a 3" downpipe. Wondering if anyone has run into issues?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

assuming you mean the engine and trans mounts, I haven't used them but if you go with w-body.com solid mounts you shouldn't need them.

They aren't really big either so I don't see why you'd have an issue

Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
assuming you mean the engine and trans mounts, I haven't used them but if you go with w-body.com solid mounts you shouldn't need them.

They aren't really big either so I don't see why you'd have an issue
I made my own solid mounts out of some stock motor and trans mounts.

I am going to need the spacers because both my axles are blown out and are getting replaced when I do the mounts. It could be just because they are old but I don't want to take the chance on it being because of the lowering of the car.

I am just wondering if anyone has installed a a full set with and 3" downpipe and intercooler without having hood clearance issues.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 05-07-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have read that lowering the vehicle does alter the geometry and can lead to premature wear of the suspension and steering components. The downpipe and intercooler shouldn't be a problem with hood clearance, but the mount spacers might be. Maybe ZZP can tell you how thick they are so you know how much higher the engine will sit. Then take a piece of modeling clay and sit it on the top of the engine. Close the hood, open it and measure the thickness of the clay. That will tell you if there's enough room to use the spacers and not have hood interference.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I have read that lowering the vehicle does alter the geometry and can lead to premature wear of the suspension and steering components. The downpipe and intercooler shouldn't be a problem with hood clearance, but the mount spacers might be. Maybe ZZP can tell you how thick they are so you know how much higher the engine will sit. Then take a piece of modeling clay and sit it on the top of the engine. Close the hood, open it and measure the thickness of the clay. That will tell you if there's enough room to use the spacers and not have hood interference.
I am actually using another type of mount spacer from a guy on one of the other forums. They are better because instead of 1 piece of metal and barley getting the nut on the mount bolt, he splits the spacers into a bottom and top plates.

I will just have to install them and find out. I will report back with my findings when I do. I am hoping they just fit without any clearance issues. I figure since I am installing PRJ rails in place of my modded stockers, I won't have a clearance issue because the PRJs don't go over the top of the blower.