General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

t/b Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default t/b Spacers

ok have to ask a stupid question
Is this thing for real? they are claiming better milage and a good gain for less then 100.00 i just dont know a lot about the whole fule injection stuff but this blws me awa taht you could get this from a spacer and not the TB itself and a spacer.
any way just wondering what you think of it.

http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merch...Code=SPE-38025

Old 06-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Default RE: t/b Spacers

I know of one person that has purchased and installed one of these and he swears by it. He noted that he could tell a difference in pick up and sound.

TVW

Old 06-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

sound? hummmmmmm

Might have to try this thing then LOL
always up for a better sound and more power out of this car

Old 06-27-2005, 02:25 AM

Let me guess, they don't make one for the 3400???

Old 06-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure if they do or not but you could check with them. You might also check to see if you have a difrrent TB at all i would not see whay they are diffrent but might be wrong.
the other option is find out what size the stocker is on yours and find out if the 3800 will fit it and give you a bigger TB/. if this is the case you can run to a pbome yard to get one and also make your car breath a bit better.
Just if you do it remeber to get the Map sensor with it to/

Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure if they do or not but you could check with them. You might also check to see if you have a difrrent TB at all i would not see whay they are diffrent but might be wrong.
the other option is find out what size the stocker is on yours and find out if the 3800 will fit it and give you a bigger TB/. if this is the case you can run to a pbome yard to get one and also make your car breath a bit better.
Just if you do it remeber to get the Map sensor with it to/
It may be able to intake a lil better, but surely not enough to warrant the cost and the minimal gains would be negated by the computer anyway. No thanks.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

nope understand on tha tone but on the ones you can get the reprogamer for you can change a ssetting for this /

ididnt think of this but you should try calling hypertech and asking them if they make the right programmer for your car or have plans to do so in the near futur

Old 06-28-2005, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

nope understand on tha tone but on the ones you can get the reprogamer for you can change a ssetting for this /

ididnt think of this but you should try calling hypertech and asking them if they make the right programmer for your car or have plans to do so in the near futur
*in D-Bo's voice*

What you got on my programmer dog??!!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

no wish i had LOL

but looking at the box for mine it says it will work on the impala,real,monte carlo. you might try seeing other car have the 3.4 in it and try to look those up and then just call to see if it will work on the monte I had a kid in the club do this and he found out mine would work for his car and it was a 99 z-34/
we just had to go to the dealr and they did somethign to his car to allow mine to interface with his system cost him like 40.00
so that might be a option.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:15 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer for the 3800 unless your going to be in the upper HP levels or thinking of using nitrous, since it makes for a good place for the nitrous nozzle on a dry system. You'd be much better off getting ZZPs larger 68mm throttle body over the stock 65mm. A spacer will work on the 3800 but will only have a notcieable difference once one gets to around the 300WHP level, even then it's nominal. If curious about the ZZP throttle body you can see it here. http://www.zzperformance.com/products1.php?id=223

Spacers do work, but mostly on carbs, reason being is that the average engine likes to have about 16 inches, give or take 2-3 inches, from air intake i.e. carb or throttle body, to combustion chamber. And a spacer will get you closer to that zone, and on carbs it will help reduce the heat getting to the carb from the hot intake manifold. Also carb aplication sometimes are designed to help air flow.

Oh and if you want to create a "air break up and turbulence", which is what this company claims to be the reason their product makes power, then just remove the throttle body screen from your stock throttle body for FREE.

Quick Reply: t/b Spacers