Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Lowering dilemma today.....need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:07 AM

oh and for your alignment issue.. it would be advised that you grind out elongated holes in the bottom holes of all the struts to be able to adjust the camber angle. I had Midas do it for me when I was a n00b and what took them 2 hrs + 200$ to do for the front I ended up doing the rears myself a year later for free.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you gotta give time for the springs to settle. remember the front have more weights so yeah it's going to be lower than the back. if i remember correctly when installing the springs there's a top and bottom side on the spring. you might want to check to see the bottom side is not facing up or vice versa.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I don't know, lowering springs should lower at least close to their drop spec right away. I haven't had issues on either of my cars with the lowering springs having to settle THAT much. A small amount of settling, yes, but both of my experiences the car has dropped near the springs' drop specs pretty much as soon as I dropped the car down off jack stands. Lisa's looks like the rear end didn't change at all or actually raised higher with the springs. Frank had the exact issue Lisa has with the ebay springs and, if I remember correctly, his never settled.

Also, lowering both Montes (with typical lowering springs) I have never in my life touched the camber, have had typical tire shops do realignments, and have been just fine.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-09-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Still no change. Height has still not dropped. Getting nowhere with company. They cant explain to us how the lowering springs are physically 1.5 shorter than stock, yet when they were put on the gap height was higher than the stock gap height. They stopped replying to our emails on a resolution. They claim the spring ratio is 250 but its not acting like it. Still in limbo.......

Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

maybe the back springs suppose to be for front and front for the back???

Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by nemesis
maybe the back springs suppose to be for front and front for the back???
No, they are 2 different sizes.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
No, they are 2 different sizes.
Different in Diameter? or in Height?

That could be a distinct possibility...considering the front end is heavier than the rear.... Did the springs indicate what the rates are between the front and rear?.... Or... They sent you the wrong springs all together?

We all noticed when Matt(06mistreSS) did his along with Matt (SLUGGER088)
There's turned out perfect! and have been a non issue ever since!!

Were the Spring clearly Marked front and rears?
Maybe they were Mis Marked? You could always take it to a spring shop and have them check the rates on them... At least that way you know for sure if you have the correct/rated springs!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 AM

They are a certain width to fit in front and a different width for back. A professional installed these. They are not backwards, if you switched them they would not fit in their seat. One would be too big and one would be too small.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

I actually kinda like it, iv never been a fan of too low a ride, but that's mostly beacuse of the jdm market and all their "stanced" street sweeper ground scraper 1/8" clearance. The raised rear end reminds me of some of the older styles with fatter drag tires. Also kinda gave me a idea in a strange way cause another old stylw iv liked is the covers that went over the wheels in the rear, custom fabing a cover to match the body and gfx might be cool... sorry to get of topic but I like the way it looks now

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
They are a certain width to fit in front and a different width for back. A professional installed these. They are not backwards, if you switched them they would not fit in their seat. One would be too big and one would be too small.
Then the only other resolve is:
That there definitely the wrong rates/height Springs/struts!
Despite being "Professionally" instahled. Did you tell the instahler/shop what you were trying to accomplish? My guess is, They should have known right away that those were the incorrect parts to lower it properly.... Something is definitely not right....

I would possibly take it to a shop and have it done correctly! or Get ahold of Matt (06mistreSS) for the place that he got his parts from... That way you know you'll have the proper parts to accomplish your goal of lowering it. Then get a refund from the outfit you got those parts that are now on your car. Since it appears to be the "Wrong" Stuff!

Good Luck Lisa I hope you get your issue resolved!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Lowering dilemma today.....need help