Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

I'm so pissed. My tires are ruined! >:'(

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry I'm so pissed. My tires are ruined! >:'(

Okay, so today was a nice day out and I decided to wash my car. I got the rims and tires foamed up with this cleaner I have used before with my Aftermarket rims on to clean the rims and tires. After I rinsed it and was done with my car, I f***in noticed stains on my tire from that crap! I can't get them off, I've used Green works with water and scrubbed and then rinsed with a "water jet" power washer infomercial product (which is pretty cool and works good) but I think it smeared it and left it dull Can anyone suggest to me some heavy duty tire cleaner please?!

Here's what the stains look like and the product I have used.

Last edited by MonteLSV6; 03-31-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:30 PM

Check out the below links, until one of our expert detailers
post their best method....Good Luck

Get more discussion results

Learn how to clean your tires and wheels.

These are, in my humble opinion, the best non-silicone oil based products available. ... Spray or pour a small amount of the cleaner on a clean, soft, 100% cotton terry ... To remove these stains, simply dampen a small spot of a clean, ...
www.autoeducation.com/carcare/tires.htm - Cached - Similar

Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner
Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner, Don't just wash your tires... Deep clean them! ... How To Remove Stains, Scratches & Blemishes in Polished Aluminum Wheels .... All tire dressings look their best when applied over clean, dry tires. ...
www.properautocare.com/eifaticl.html - Cached

Last edited by Space; 03-31-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 PM

Awesome, hey Kid Space, the first link doesnt work haha, it just loads a blank page . The las one I might consider. Think I could get something of the sort at Autozone?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 PM

Hi T.J., sorry the link did not work
I don't think autozone has that cleaner, but check back & I'm sure one of our member's that had that problem will post what worked best 4 them...Good Luck

Below was found on the Web....Thanks Googles : )
Top 3 Tire Cleaning Products
posted by FindGasCards.com
There isn’t a better finishing touch to your car than a nice set of clean wheels. When washing/cleaning a car people often neglect their tires and don’t even touch them. We love having a nice, clean ride and to get that it is important to pay attention to our tires and to use the best products on the market. If you’re looking for a great tire cleaning product be sure to check out the items listed below. These items were rated by their users and were known as the best products on the market.
Best Tire cleaning products on the market:
XTRM TIRE SHINE AEROThis product is used most frequently among all the products on the market for tire cleaning. This product also gives your tires a high-gloss, long lasting shine and protection that keeps them looking like new longer. This is a highly recommend product and is very inexpensive running for an average price of around $6.00.
Blue Coral BM23 Black Magic Tire WetThis product is another one that is highly recommended. The Black Magic Tire wet comes in a 23 oz bottle and can be used on tires, dashboards, and vinyls & rubber trim. This product is also very inexpensive, if you’re interested plan on only spending around $4.00 for it.
Meguiar’s Gold Class High Gloss Tire Protectant GelThis product has received a 5 star rating for its performance. It makes your tires look like new by giving them a nice gloss, hiding buff marks, and really brings out the black color.
These top 3 tire cleaning products are known for being some of the best products out there. They all satisfied their customers leaving them with high gloss tires, tires that look brand new, and tires and have a long lasting shine to them. If you want the best of the best for your tires check these products out and avoid paying a high price.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:09 PM

No problem haha, it happens. Cool, thanks for the posts KidSpace

Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I use solvent based wax and grease remover on tire stains. At work when I wetsand primer, the slop tends to get all over the tires and stain them. The wax and grease remover seems to draw some of the oil out of the rubber and take the stains with it. Just be sure to clean the tires with something afterwards or they may look dry and "chalky". Soap and water works fine. Then maybe some tire dressing when you are finished.

"Blech Wite" works great on tires too. So does Purple Power degreaser. I use those products at home with a scrub brush and they work great.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Yep - I was going to say Bleach White too!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 PM

ive used that cause i like turtle wax products, never had a problem. after my first bottle i switched to regular turtle wax spray kind. it comes in an orange bottle with black cap. its a lot easier to use and lasted just as long.

that sucks.

did you not clean the tires first??? i usually dont spray water afterwards.
did you try to cover it up with more shine???

Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Default clean tires......

I have always used "Westley's Bleche-White". Never had a problem
with it unless I get down wind of the spray. It's kinda strong.
And I use Meguires Tire Shine with a Sponge to apply it.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by mrl390
"Blech Wite" works great on tires too. So does Purple Power degreaser. I use those products at home with a scrub brush and they work great.

omg I used Purple Power and WOW what a difference, BROWN water was coming off the tire and now its back to how it was before! :'D I love you! lol haha no homo of course =P.

And I immediately dismissed the bleach cause I dont want white walls if you know what i mean haha =P