Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

finally decided to do it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Default finally decided to do it.

so i'm going to make my next project suspension. cuz right now it's lacking really bad. i'm getting tired of feeling every bump in the road. and well it's stock (so umm 10 years old)

so today arrived my struts ( i went with the ac-delco premium gas charged) and now i'm looking for springs.....

this is what i've found so far.

eibach's. (1.3 inch drop front/rear)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EIBACH-LOWERING-S...QQcmdZViewItem

or springtech's (1.8 inch drop front/rear)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/LOWERING-SPRINGS-...QQcmdZViewItem

anyone have a recommendation for springs? RKsport had some i thought but can't find em on their website. EDIT: found em, and they're 1) overpriced and 2) only available for 3.1/3.4

i'm gonna google it too. see what others i can find.

oh and the estimate i got from the local mechanic was 640 +tax (just labour and alignment)

Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Default RE: finally decided to do it.

Almost everybody recommends the eibachs. They are a great spring, do a great job lowering the car and you don't have to worry about rubbing. Handle great in the curves and only increase your bottoming out a little bit. Too much for Wisconsin though.

All the way around eibachs are the way to go unless you live in an area that is really flat or have a specific purpose for show in mind and not used as a DD.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 AM

You can't go wrong using Eibach springs.They seem to put the most R&D into all of their spring packages.I ordered a set of Eibach's for my '07 SS (Eibach Pro-Kit #38113.140) from drivewire.com yesterday and I just received an email stating that my order was cancelled due to lack of availability I guess I'm calling Eibach tomorrow to get the scoop on whats up with this! I'm currently doing a bunch of mods to my '07 and the spring kit installation is the one I was looking forward to the most.

Update:Called Eibach today and their technical support department advised me that the Pro-Kit spring package for '06-'07 SS's SHOULD be released in March '08. I hope so because lowering my SS about 1"-2" will be the finishing touch I'm looking for!!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 AM

eibach's ordered. found a local company that had ONE pro kit left. yay

Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 AM

Hi `Chad,
Great Valentine Gift to your Awesome Monte Carlo
[:-][:-]
I sure hope you take pic's of the install, and post on the forum.
It's gona be `Sweet....Lowered the right way : )
I'm sure your Monte will love you back : )
Great Mod...Look forward to seeing it complete.
Good Luck, `Space

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 AM

I'm sure your Monte Carlo will look awesome with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs installed!!!!!

I guess I get to visit Eibachs website daily whenMarch arrivesanticipating the Pro-Kit release for my SS.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Yea i'm getting it done with a mechanic that i know personally. so i'll take pictures as we get it all installed. including struts and strut tower braces. i'll try to make it step by step and throw it in the DIY section.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Congratulations! I have the eibachs and KYB struts and love them! If you have the money, spring for new sway bars, too. They're not that expensive, and the mechanic can install them easily at the same time he puts in the springs, so you'll probably save some money on labor. It will really finish off the suspension. Let us know how it goes.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah i've looked into it as well... the eibachs combined with the KYB's will hug the road tighter than anything... you'll love it Couch... it will make your Monte sit VERY well too.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

and another thing... the only reason i didn't do it is because the minimum ground clearance for my town is like 4 ft.... there a couple of spots i have to avoid becase my air catching thing or even my bumper will scrape... scarrryyyy sound.