Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

EBC rotor reviews.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Default EBC rotor reviews.

Has anybody used EBC's 3GD or USR series rotors?

If so, what are your thoughts on them?
How was the performance and durability?
What pads did you use with them?

Thanks for you input, I'm going to need to change out my brakes pretty soon and trying to decide what I want to go with.

-Riggs.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM

i was debating between the ebc rotors and the r1s that i got. my buddy has the ebc rotors with the red pads(i think) and he loves them. they are slotted and drilled. but the reason i didnt get them is because of the coating they have on theym. they arent paintable. were the r1s are in the rust areas on them. so thats my thoughts

Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member

The EBC rotors that I am looking at are black zinc coated, and if anything I was going to paint them black so that wouldn't be an issue.
Did your buddy get the gold ones or the black ones?
Any idea how the coating held up?

How are the R1's holding up for you? (They are the other rotors I am looking at, but am leaning towards the EBC's)

-Riggs.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:51 PM

i have not had a chance to get the r1s on yet. i got them last week. but before i bought them i talked to a couple montes that have them over on ls1 tech and they said they are holding up very well no rust yet. one had them or i think 9000 miles when i talked to him. the ebcs were the zinc coated ones and there is definately your basic rust on them.

i would say to get the r1s cus they are cheaper, they look better, and they actually have reveiws of them. i have not heard anything on the ebcs on the montes, impalas, or grand prixs. if you can find one please share.

btw i should have the rotors on in three weekends. im painting them, the calipers, brackets, and possible parts of the wheels. so ill be fiddleing around with it

Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 AM

I've got the R1's w/ red stuff- and they do stop pretty well. I do kinda wish I would've tried the new version of yellow to see how it was too- they supposedly made it a lot better at cold than the old ones used to be (they used to be pretty much track only, cold was terrible with them).

Only bad thing about the R1's is that the ones I got were drilled + slotted, and there have been people have the drilled parts start cracking. I would've been happier if they were just slotted.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by inssanity21

btw i should have the rotors on in three weekends. im painting them, the calipers, brackets, and possible parts of the wheels. so ill be fiddleing around with it
Ive never painted the calipers before is it that hard? Any prep work or paint tips? Friend of mine has the EBC rotors and he said he loved them. I was thinking of ordering some of the black ones too they just look so clean