Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Any such thing as greaseable rear swaybar links?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Any such thing as greaseable rear swaybar links?

Was just going to buy rear swaybar links from work and noticed they are sealed & ungreaseable.

Is there a such thing as greaseable links?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I'm not for sure about this. I know there are grease-able sway bar "bushings" that can work up front, but I'm not sure about end links or rears.

I recently purchased some Energy Suspension Grease-able Sway Bar Bushings that should be here this week. They are part number 9.5164R

I got the idea from Jason (The_Maniac) who also did these up front. He has an awesome and extremely helpful link to his Energy Suspension upgrades. I also am doing the Energy Suspension red end links

Hope he doesn't mind me linking it: '04 Monte Carlo SS - Front Sway Bar Bushings

(^^Awesome guy and extremely knowledgeable, glad that he found the parts that work and gave the exact part numbers, super helpful if you're looking to upgrade to the same set-up he has )

Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member

i was planning on going with those when I do lower the height. I believe that part# is the one I carry in-store at work..(discounts wooo!)
the links just worrry me though..it was a upstate NY car and the suspension is a ticking time bomb. Trying to find the links before the end of the week....

if anyone can help, I'm also looking for good quality control arms..

Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
i was planning on going with those when I do lower the height. I believe that part# is the one I carry in-store at work..(discounts wooo!)
the links just worrry me though..it was a upstate NY car and the suspension is a ticking time bomb. Trying to find the links before the end of the week....

if anyone can help, I'm also looking for good quality control arms..
I just replaced my control arms. (Well, still waiting for a few pieces to get everything back on) I got the cheapest ones from rockauto I think. My old ones were beyond saving, super rusted.

ZZP has some nice control arms. They're very expensive though
ZZPerformance - ZZP Control Arms for WBody #ZZ-WBCA

Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Check into Moog just replace the front on a focus that where plastic and junk with a set from Moog, they where HD and greasiable,

Imho a good upgrade from the stock junk it had from the factory

Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Yes, there are greasable rear sway links. The rear links are basically two small ball joints connected by a rod. This will be part of a project for next year on my Monte. I completely plan to get greasable ones. Go to RockAuto.com and you can see many pics and part numbers, here are the ones I saw with greasable links:
MOOG Part K6662
MEVOTECH Part MK6662
DEEZA Part BCL602

I'm probably going to opt for the Moog ones for myself when I do it. I also like to get the dust boots from caliper bleed screws to cover the grease fittings and protect them.

Hope that helps!

BTW - RockAuto is currently a MCF sponsor and has a coupon code on the site if you search for them (I would do it now, just don't have the time).

Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Yes, there are greasable rear sway links. The rear links are basically two small ball joints connected by a rod. This will be part of a project for next year on my Monte. I completely plan to get greasable ones. Go to RockAuto.com and you can see many pics and part numbers, here are the ones I saw with greasable links:
MOOG Part K6662
MEVOTECH Part MK6662
DEEZA Part BCL602

I'm probably going to opt for the Moog ones for myself when I do it. I also like to get the dust boots from caliper bleed screws to cover the grease fittings and protect them.

Hope that helps!

BTW - RockAuto is currently a MCF sponsor and has a coupon code on the site if you search for them (I would do it now, just don't have the time).
awesome!
sad part is that its cheaper! will be ordering them

Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I just replaced my control arms. (Well, still waiting for a few pieces to get everything back on) I got the cheapest ones from rockauto I think. My old ones were beyond saving, super rusted.

ZZP has some nice control arms. They're very expensive though
ZZPerformance - ZZP Control Arms for WBody #ZZ-WBCA
Man those are expensive, i got a custom set made & it didnt even cost half that

Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
awesome!
sad part is that its cheaper! will be ordering them
Unfortunately, my local AutoZones are so bad, I don't even check them for parts anymore (they are the LAST resort). It's so bad I have an AutoZone about a 1 minute from me (but I'll go to a non AutoZone store about 10+ minutes away instead). My rule of thumb is "If I have to ask someone at the counter, it's not worth going to Autozone". The biggest reason is they understaff the store closest to me, so you'll weight 15+ minutes to get waited on only to get hit with biggest reason #2, you will then be told they don't have the part and can get it in a day or two (yet just about any other store has what you need already instock).

Sorry for the anti-AutoZone soap box there. I know what I mentioned is a regional issue (I've heard from other people that LOVE their local AutoZone, there are great employees like yourself and they almost always have what the customer needs). I wish my closest AutoZone had some of their original staff when it first opened. A couple of those guys MADE that store and it wasx a shame when they lost the last of the worth while guys there. It's the 3 stores in my county stink (for the last 5 years, I've been anti-AutoZone). I've also been increasingly been becoming more pro-RockAuto

Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Our Autozone is ok bout the only issue is they dont hire the right ppl, they usually have everything i need, got to the point where i just look up the part on there computer & than go & grab it off the shelf myself i dont like ordering parts online due to wait time & return time if its wrong

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Any such thing as greaseable rear swaybar links?