Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Default 18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!

I found a set of Factory 06 mustang GT wheels and tires "factory 18" upgrade pkg" on Craigslist for $300 !! The bfg comp t/a "kdws" 235/50/18s were in decent shape, maybee 40% tread left. The wheels were perfect! I bolted em up on my 02 Monte SS and was amazed! They fit like they were meant for a GM W-body!! Look absolutely bad a**, and help get rid off the stupid front wheel drive look. I couldnt be happier with this craigslist find, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND all 6th gen monte fans looking to get wheels... buy 05+ mustang wheels!! Used ones are SUPER CHEAP and plentifull. New ones are way cheaper then anything made for our cars, and there are TONS of really cool styles, from 17s to 20s! Check out "americanmuscle.com" They have tons of cool stang wheels, that'll work on our cars too. The tires work perfect too; no rubbing, smooth quiet ride. Theyve even done well in all this snow weve gotten the past two weeks. I hope others follow this thrifty idea!! What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails 18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!-mc4-2.jpg   18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!-mc1-1.jpg   18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!-mc2.jpg   18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!-mc5-2.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 AM

From your sig, "Im a diehard Classic GM fan" so... why are you trying to make your monte look like a ford? Personally I mean it looks alright but I would rather go with any aftermarket rims before using the stock mustang ones just because..

Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 AM

those look awesome! My only recomendation it to cover up the pony emblem on the center cap.

Can you get some more pics of these from the side. I have thought about these for mine because you can pick them up so cheap, but i haven't seen the polished or chrome on a black monte.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by c0dak
From your sig, "Im a diehard Classic GM fan" so... why are you trying to make your monte look like a ford? Personally I mean it looks alright but I would rather go with any aftermarket rims before using the stock mustang ones just because..
i think it looks awesome, and theyre not really a ford wheel theyre supposed to look like chromed torq thrust IIs which they do, and as we all know torq thrusts look good on any american car.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chivalry
I found a set of Factory 06 mustang GT wheels and tires "factory 18" upgrade pkg" on Craigslist for $300 !! The bfg comp t/a "kdws" 235/50/18s were in decent shape, maybee 40% tread left. The wheels were perfect! I bolted em up on my 02 Monte SS and was amazed! They fit like they were meant for a GM W-body!! Look absolutely bad a**, and help get rid off the stupid front wheel drive look. I couldnt be happier with this craigslist find, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND all 6th gen monte fans looking to get wheels... buy 05+ mustang wheels!! Used ones are SUPER CHEAP and plentifull. New ones are way cheaper then anything made for our cars, and there are TONS of really cool styles, from 17s to 20s! Check out "americanmuscle.com" They have tons of cool stang wheels, that'll work on our cars too. The tires work perfect too; no rubbing, smooth quiet ride. Theyve even done well in all this snow weve gotten the past two weeks. I hope others follow this thrifty idea!! What do you guys think?

good choice for the wheels you scored im glad you go against the grain like me lol. i know many people think that if own a gm and only gm parts should be put on the monte well thing change now most parts from other makes and model can be swap to the monte. as long as it looks good and fit or with little modifcation i dont see why not. not to get off topic here but i know someone with a 60ish? ford fairlane swapping a '90 acura integra front seats in his car. i didn't know they were an integra til he told me.
hey chivalry if you need the center cap overlays pm me i'll tell you who to go to.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM

I love yours also Silverbullit. I have said it before, but I will say it again, your car is just awesome!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Bullitts FTW. Great alternative to aftermarket wheels, with the quality of OEM wheels.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Chivalry - Not my style of wheel, but still a nice touch! To me, they look a lot like Craiger wheels (but I'm also not a wheel expert). You definately need to ditch the Pony center caps, that's the one part that looses the entire look.

Nice price for the set!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

pretty sweet...

114.3x5 is the actual bolt pattern!

and I prefer black...

Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not a fan of putting 114.3x5 on our cars. Ours are 115x5 bolt pattern

I have heard and seen people breaking their studs while running the 114.3, but I guess you can get lucky

Quick Reply: 18s off 05+ mustangs fit 6th gen Monte Perfectly!!!