Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of August 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 04:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Temp this AM is 49 degrees
Good Morning MCForum
Yesterday worked on the Monte some thought I would see what Silver pinstripe looked like on the lower part of the car but it wasn't what I wanted to see. so I just cleaned up the stripe area and redid the Red looks good again.
It was a bit on the cooler side yesterday just needed a light jacket all day.
There is a program in town called meals on wheels and the church has this week assigned to it and we are helping with that. It's kind of like a local Poker run, lol. But we stopped at this one place and I took the meal up to this little old lady and she had a Dog that was nuts. In her effort to take the meal from me the dog came out and was all snarling. He finally left to check out his favorite spots on the yard.
I just starred him down like Crocodile Dundee, the owner kept telling me he didn't bite, but he was sure acting like it. Must be a card player and good a bluffing.
Hoping the Sun will come out today a little bit.
Cool story drivernumer3, or should I call you Mick Dundee!

Old 08-30-2018, 05:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Talking Yeah! it was a chubby Jack Russell Terrier

Yeah! it was a chubby Jack Russell Terrier, I figured if all else failed he could have the food I was trying to deliver to this elderly lady, and while he was woofing it down I would exit stage left at a Gallop no less.
Any way I got the Photo contest Voting up for August there are 3 of them check it out. do some Voting so far only one voter on it. You all should check these Photo's for sure the submissions from Juniorcar are really spectacular, for the Graffiti contest.
check these 3 links to get there.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...l-theme-60120/

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...d-theme-60117/

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...-course-60122/

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-30-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

The Photo Contest voting is up and needs some attention by the members here.
Okay I am again putting up these links to let you all vote on the pics you like.

The folks that took these shots did a great job so help out and participate.

check these 3 links to get there.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...l-theme-60120/

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...d-theme-60117/

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...-course-60122/

Old 08-31-2018, 09:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. Back to some chilly mornings again, 57 degrees this morning.

The wife has to work tomorrow so she suggested I do a car show. Looks like I have a couple to choose from tomorrow so I am taking her up on that since I haven't done a show since Lansing on July 28, so a month ago.

Reno work on our master bath started back up the other day. We got a guy doing the work for us because I don't want to make the time right now - it'd take me forever. The old fiberglass shower insert is out and the new (to be tiled) shower is taking shape. The wall between the shower and toilet was lengthened to increase the shower area to 4ft x 4ft. The new ceramic tile floor is partially layed out and the new granite vanity top with undermount sinks has been in place for a few months. I'll be installing all new trim and painting myself - the plan is to do a wainscot around the room and tub surround.

And college football is back in action! #14 Michigan plays #12 Notre Dame in South Bend tomorrow night 7:30pm. Go Blue!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 08-31-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Back to some chilly mornings again, 57 degrees this morning.

The wife has to work tomorrow so she suggested I do a car show. Looks like I have a couple to choose from tomorrow so I am taking her up on that since I haven't done a show since Lansing on July 28, so a month ago.

Reno work on our master bath started back up the other day. We got a guy doing the work for us because I don't want to make the time right now - it'd take me forever. The old fiberglass shower insert is out and the new (to be tiled) shower is taking shape. The wall between the shower and toilet was lengthened to increase the shower area to 4ft x 4ft. The new ceramic tile floor is partially layed out and the new granite vanity top with undermount sinks has been in place for a few months. I'll be installing all new trim and painting myself - the plan is to do a wainscot around the room and tub surround.

And college football is back in action! #14 Michigan plays #12 Notre Dame in South Bend tomorrow night 7:30pm. Go Blue!
Wow that sounds like a great project for the bathroom, It took me 90 days to finish the master bath in our house. But I stripped it to the framing even the floor, then all new stuff. The big problem I had was the Vanity it came with the top already mounted and I couldn't budge the thing. Hired a couple of contractor fellows working next door and they hauled it in for me. Problem solved. Couple of shots all finished.
Well Nebraska isn't even on the list. Today is the first game of the season and if they loose the fans will run the new coach out of town on a rail. Lol time will tell.

Attached Thumbnails Month of August 2018-img_1044.jpg   Month of August 2018-img_1038.jpg  
Old 09-01-2018, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Here is a 7th Gen rear wheel drive

Here is a 7th Gen rear wheel drive that I found on facebook check this out. Fast!!!!!!!!!!!

Facebook Post

Old 09-02-2018, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Wet at the Foot ball Game

Well storms rolled thru last night and the Season opener was cancelled, after they played and no one scored. Akron went home, I think they call it a draw. Anyway the lighting was over the top. Sharing some shots. No I did not taken them. I know some folks who went to the Game and got wet. Can't wait to here the stories.

Attached Thumbnails Month of August 2018-neb.-storm-2-.jpg   Month of August 2018-neb.-storm-3-.jpg   Month of August 2018-neb.-storm-1-.jpg