Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of August 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

It's raining this morning, looks like we could get at least 1" by the time it's done this evening. Nothing like what Wisconsin has seen from this same system - the area just west of Madison, WI has seen upwards of 10" of rain in one day as of this morning.

Michigan Monte Carlo Club has it's first official west Michigan event this Saturday! It's a gathering at the 28th Street Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids and the Club is planned to meet and park at Berger Chevrolet for their All GM Show. I won't be attending this but I have another guy out that way hosting. I have posted the info to the Forum here > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...67/#post713613

The 2018 'pre season' college football rankings are in. Here's how that looks:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Wisconsin
5. Ohio State
6. Washington
7. Oklahoma
8. Miami
9. Auburn
10. Penn State
11. Michigan State
12. Notre Dame
13. Stanford
14. Michigan
15. USC
16. TCU
17. West Virginia
18. Mississippi State
19. Florida State
20. Virginia Tech
21. UCF
22. Boise State
23. Texas
24. Oregon
25. LSU

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 08-21-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

We had that same system travel thru Nebraska and we got an inch or so Sunday and Monday combined. However they say Omaha and Council Bluffs got alot over 6 inches. A bunch of flooding there.
Nebraska football is all they are talking about and I hope our new coach can pull it off this year. The Fans here are hoping for a great year and if he disappoints they will want to hang him out to dry I am afraid. Time will tell. I see that Nebraska didn't make that list. Lol

Old 08-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good afternoon! Looks like a cool down coming Thursday!! high of 78 and low of 55. That's my kind of August Weather.

Hopefully get my truck back from the shop by the weekend. Looking forward to driving it.The Monte is running decent but needs some love. She's idling rough at temperature and sometimes hesitates with a very light throttle. Twice it has cut off under braking when almost to a stop. Wierd. Normal and hard acceleration is fine. I think I will pull it in the shop and massage on it for a week or two once I get my truck back.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member

Afternoon guys. Chilly morning in the 50s

I'll be going to Lingenfelter Cars and Coffee this Saturday morning, it's the last one of the year! Trying to get some other Monte friends to join. MMCC also has a gathering at the 28th Street Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids that day.

More new construction opening in Detroit! The ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Mike Ilitch School of Business (Wayne State University) was yesterday. Staff have been moving in for the past few months and classes start August 29. The new school building sits next to the one-year-old Little Caesars Arena. The building features a 4th-floor terrace that overlooks the City.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 08-22-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

There seems to be some inactivity lately.
Last minute Summer vacation stuff I am sure.
School started here I think this is the 2nd week. Labor day is just around the corner.
I wanted to do a Car show this weekend but it didn't work out the weather was Raining and I didn't want to be caught in that.
Tomorrow I will set up the Voting for the August Photo contest not many entries but what are there are real good ones too.
So if you want to enter get the photo posted today. This is just another way you can Showcase your ride. some nice ones out there for sure.
The Themes were Par for the Course ( near the Golf Course),
Mural/ Graffiti there is a lot of that out there.
And the Rustic theme of Weathered (could be a Car or a Bench or a Building
)

Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Going to be a hot one today with heat indexes in the upper 90s.

Picture sharing time! Saturday morning was rainy so I ended up not going to Lingenfelter Cars and Coffee but two guys did make it to the Club gathering in Grand Rapids (the red 5th Gen and silver 4th Gen). The guy with the silver 4th Gen came from Chicago which was cool! And there just so happened to be two other 4th Gens there so four Montes total.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
School started here I think this is the 2nd week.
What? That's nuts! School doesn't start here until the week after Labor Day Weekend. Michigan had made it a law that public schools were not allowed to start before the holiday weekend.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. Going to be a hot one today with heat indexes in the upper 90s.

Picture sharing time! Saturday morning was rainy so I ended up not going to Lingenfelter Cars and Coffee but two guys did make it to the Club gathering in Grand Rapids (the red 5th Gen and silver 4th Gen). The guy with the silver 4th Gen came from Chicago which was cool! And there just so happened to be two other 4th Gens there so four Montes total.

What? That's nuts! School doesn't start here until the week after Labor Day Weekend. Michigan had made it a law that public schools were not allowed to start before the holiday weekend.
Yeah that is crazy for sure. I been stopping for Schools Busses all week long, I think the days have been short for them.

Wow that's a nice 5th Gen you got a photo of there. One day Wayne Carini will be hunting them on Chasing Classic Cars. Lol

Old 08-28-2018, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Second day in a row of heat indexes in the upper 90s. Possible severe weather late tonight as a cold front moves through.

The 61st annual Labor Day walk across the Mackinac Bridge is coming up Monday morning. Roughly 4.5 mile walk from Michigan's Upper Peninsula to the Lower. The digital highway signs even here in SE Michigan are warning of the 5.5 hour bridge closure for the walk - 6:30 am to noon on Labor Day.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow that's a nice 5th Gen you got a photo of there.
That's exactly what I told the guy who owns it. Definitely one of the nicest 5th gens I've seen. Haven't met him in person yet but he wanted to organize something for us during the 28th Street Metro Cruise.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 08-28-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Temp this AM is 49 degrees

Temp this AM is 49 degrees
Good Morning MCForum
Yesterday worked on the Monte some thought I would see what Silver pinstripe looked like on the lower part of the car but it wasn't what I wanted to see. so I just cleaned up the stripe area and redid the Red looks good again.
It was a bit on the cooler side yesterday just needed a light jacket all day.
There is a program in town called meals on wheels and the church has this week assigned to it and we are helping with that. It's kind of like a local Poker run, lol. But we stopped at this one place and I took the meal up to this little old lady and she had a Dog that was nuts. In her effort to take the meal from me the dog came out and was all snarling. He finally left to check out his favorite spots on the yard.
I just starred him down like Crocodile Dundee, the owner kept telling me he didn't bite, but he was sure acting like it. Must be a card player and good a bluffing.
Hoping the Sun will come out today a little bit.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:32 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 68 degrees this morning, going up to 79 today.

Northern Lower MI had a strong line of storms move through late yesterday along a cold front boundary moving east. A confirmed tornado touched down in Antrim Co. The heavy stuff was North of Lansing/Grand Rapids. For some reason, that Grand Traverse Bay area seems to get some of the most impressive shelf clouds I have ever seen - the shot below is from that area last night.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 08-29-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of August 2018