Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

turbo monte vs mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
your car can already destroy modded 2v mustangs, and stock 3vs is a decent match. drivers race really slight edge to the ls4.

other suggestions would be a catless hogan down pipe, ls1/ls6 intake, and a tune.
Thanks for the info already have all that in the plans except the Tune I don't know much about cars and I'm still learning what upsets me and with most monte owners is that I'm riding Automatic

Not sure how to go about the tune though I hate wanting to know about cars but not actually knowing much

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM

nice!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 PM

bro, all I want to say is that I am extremely intrigued by the outcome of that race. It really put a smile on my face to know that Monte Carlo's (of the new generation/s) are underestimated by so many "carbuffs" This really makes me proud to be an MC owner. Good stuff man

Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Justin Parkinson
Thanks for the info already have all that in the plans except the Tune I don't know much about cars and I'm still learning what upsets me and with most monte owners is that I'm riding Automatic

Not sure how to go about the tune though I hate wanting to know about cars but not actually knowing much
Well, I'll let ya know that a tune on your MC will defiantly help out. Not only can you firm up your shifts more, but it can take away any conserved power hidden throughout that stock tune and let you get some more HP.

If your going to do things even as small as bolt on's, I'd recommend getting a tuner so you can fully tweak your MC for the best performance.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by vita
Well, I'll let ya know that a tune on your MC will defiantly help out. Not only can you firm up your shifts more, but it can take away any conserved power hidden throughout that stock tune and let you get some more HP.

If your going to do things even as small as bolt on's, I'd recommend getting a tuner so you can fully tweak your MC for the best performance.
any suggested tuner and how do it work and is it easy to do?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM

DiabloSport inTune: DiabloSport inTune I1000 ships Free Next Day Air

This is the only main tuner that I could find that would help ya. I would say use SCT, but its not compatible with monte's.

To use it, you just need to do some reading. The advice I was told ;

"To use a tuner, read the manual. When you're done, read it again".

I would recommend jumping on a message board with what ever tuner you go with and asking questions. Each brand is different, and there are people who are able to help ya get everything running how it should.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 PM

you can get the diablo predator. go onto ls1tech, and look for lew in the ls4 section. he does pretty much all of the ls4 guys tunes over there, and theres never been a complaint. cant tune the trans with the diablo though. if your going to go to an ls1 intake youre definitely going to need a tune. i thought the superchips tuner did work on the monte, and you can tune the trans with it. it may only be 07 and up cause i believe that 06-07 runs a different pcm. not 100% on that though. ive read mixed reviews on it either way. you could also go get it dyno tuned once your done with your bolt ons.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Awesome!

Vote turbo monte for 2012 May MOTM!!!

... and don't street race!
thanks man, it really makes me happy to see you trying your best to get me the motm slot and i really appreciate it! i hope one of these months will be mine!

thanks for everybody else on the compliments on my kill

Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
your car can already destroy modded 2v mustangs, and stock 3vs is a decent match. drivers race really slight edge to the ls4.

other suggestions would be a catless hogan down pipe, ls1/ls6 intake, and a tune.
Destroy? Maybe against a lousy driver. I'm pretty sure stock times for a 2v and a stock LS4 are neck and neck, they both run low 14's. As for a 3v, they're usually mid to high 13's in stock form.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 AM

I'm pretty sure stock times for a 2v and a stock LS4 are neck and neck, they both run low 14's. As for a 3v, they're usually mid to high 13's in stock form.
^This is all true. My '05 GT (3V) went 13.2 with a cold air intake and tune, otherwise 100% factory stock.

From a dig the LS4 Wbodies are handicapped by their lack of traction. From a roll, they're a good match for 3V Mustangs and do have a decent advantage over 2Vs.

Quick Reply: turbo monte vs mustang gt