Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

sad day for a charger R/T

Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
5 Year Member
Default sad day for a charger R/T

cruising home after dropping my girlfriend off at her new house about 30 freeway miles away, got the music on just cruisin. about 5 miles after i get on the freeway, i slowly pass a charger daytona R/T. i guess he wasnt too happy that i passed him, even though i was just cruising. he was itchin for a race i guess. cuts over, gets behind me to pass the car to the side of me, and its on! Going into this race, i knew i wasnt gonna keep up (or so i thought) but i did wanna see how my car stacked up to it. He got a suprise of a lifetime, and so did i! we were prolly cruising around 75ish when we started going off, my car dropped to second, and my supercharger whined like a little girl not getting what she wanted for christmas. he pulled on me for about 3 seconds, then i walked by him! i was shocked! this isnt happening! coming to a turn in the freeway, i slowed down a little, then jumped back on it kicking back down to 3d and away i went. im not saying i demolished him, it was really close, but i took him. i didnt let off the gas until i was doing 130ish. still had some room to go. he ended up getting stuck behind a car then finally caught back up to me about 3 miles up the road before he split off the freeway, but he did look over and give me the nod. ahh, the race nod. truely classy.
as for the chevy monte, rack a point up guys. it has to be because the 700 lb weight difference in our cars. then again, in stock form he's prolly only seeing 300 to the wheels.....only 50 more HP than me. that 700 LB's makes a huge difference.

suck it dodge!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 AM

good kill, everyone one should have one of those cop cams for these moments!

Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Nice!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the win!!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

i call it BS!! sound familar? LOL. nice kill man i'm glad your car is running good. i bet the guy was pissed that he got beat by a V6. now go to the sale section and buy my ported M90 and run a bigger TB on that beast of your. cuz next time when you post here i want to read about you wasting a LS1 camaro/firebird or better yet a C5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0SUHYTp-4

Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

nice win! wish i coulda seen his face lol

Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Photobucket
5 Year Member

Well, i dunno about getting your ported m90 cause i plan to get meth injection by the end of november. when i do that, im prolly gonna drop 2 pulley sizes since i can drop one now, but figured i'd just wait to do meth kit first, and save the $$ from the extra pulley. so i'll be running a 3.4 SS pulley, the equivelent of a 3.1 for you L67 guys. i better be hitting over 300 to the wheels. when that happens, LS1's can suck it too. i'll be a maniac! my shop guys told me about this kit for sale by one of their other customers. he ken belle supercharged his 300 hemi w/ meth injection and couldnt get the tune down. ended up taking the supercharger off and meth too, selling the kit for 300. i picked it up, but need more $$ to get it installed and tuned for WOT. waiting for black friday on zzp, hopefully my pulley will be on sale!
by the way, what are you putting to the wheels silverbullitt?
Originally Posted by silverbullitt View Post
i call it BS!! sound familar? LOL. nice kill man i'm glad your car is running good. i bet the guy was pissed that he got beat by a V6. now go to the sale section and buy my ported M90 and run a bigger TB on that beast of your. cuz next time when you post here i want to read about you wasting a LS1 camaro/firebird or better yet a C5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0SUHYTp-4

Old 11-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Photobucket
5 Year Member

BTW, this was the guys face, exactly.

you could imagine looking over as if you were me, and also being shocked.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

i heard meth injection need a lot of good tuning to get a nice gain. i was thinking of going E85 but heard they are a pain too. i will need #65 injectors cuz my 42 will max out, everytime when i'm switching back to regular pump gas i have to retune it. that seem like a lot of work too me. not only that i have to get a lab top and HP tuner and read a mini size dictionary manual on how to tune, ugh!!!!

i never did got a good reading on my dyno. the RPM pick up was only go up to about 4000 RPM and the ABS light kept coming on and shutting the car down. we disconnect the ABS switch and it help little bit, but still not accurate.

the next day i found out what's causing the problem, the back middle i think #2 plug wire boot was cracked not only that i was also told that the MDS wire will too cause a false reading. i'm going to have to re dyno again this time will have my stock plug wires back on and make sure the ABS is off.

there's a guy with a bonnaville who have the same setup as mine except he have gen 5 and using E85 was pulling 359 HP. i think i'll probably be in that ball park.

for now i think i'm going to hold off on the turbo i still like to hit 12.3 or better in the 1/4 miles next year with this almost same setup. i talked to my mechanic he said he don't see any problem of me hitting that number cuz one of the car he built did ran a 12.3. there's more power some where in the monte, but we just have to do some more tweaking to it. next year i'll be machining down the snout and drop to 2.7 pulley bring up to 13 psi boost. i'm running 11 psi now and more tuning.

Last edited by nemesis; 11-07-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Photobucket
5 Year Member

wierd you say that about your ABS light, i started seeing that pop on 2 nights ago after the race on the freeway. the next morning i start my car, and the ABS light stayed on along with my traction control shutting off. i shut off my car and restarted it, and then no lights came on. did it again the next start. shut it off and restarted, and no lights. wierd. every other time i start m car, it shows up. wonder why?

the meth injection kit is by snow performance. said it wouldnt be too tough to tune, since it really only needs tuning for WOT. its a 5 gallon resovoir, but i'll probably swap that out to make it only like a 2 gallon resovoir. 5 gallons is way too big to have in the trunk haha. i'll probably have to swap out to 42.5 injectors, might as well as long as he has to retune it anyways.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sad day for a charger R/T

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.