Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

The Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Default The Switch

Ok so this is essentially 2 stories rolled into one and didn't end in a race since the guy straight out refused to afterwards, first part entitled Cars Really Do Have Feelings. I apologize for the language at the end

A while ago my fiance and I moved up to central Florida from south Florida, easy 250 mile trip. Year goes by and things are getting quite a bit more financially stable, i go on vacation, and while im down there I purchase my 04 Monte SS, fast froward one month later. i now own 2 vehicles a 1997 Malibu and my 04 SS, no less than 2 weeks after i get the SS the lower intake gasket blows on the Malibu, ok no big deal they all have problems with it (Damn DexCool) so i fix it and do some other PM that has needed to get done for a while, cost me about 1400 (tires,outer tie rods alignment, oil tranny etc etc.etc). two days later the battery completely gave up, cost me about 140 to replace (i like Optimas). And last but not least today as my fiance is driving the Malibu to work the Vehicle speed sensor goes out and the Harmonic Balancer starts to show severe signs of imminent failure. She calls me freaking out cause of the weird noise (rubber from the balancer slapping the inner fender well) and the lack of a speedometer plus the hard shifts caused by it. I leave home go to her work pick up the Malibu and leave my Monte there while i fix the stuff. I swear im never buying a new car again and keeping the other one, they seem to have very bad temper tantrums when they know that they have essentially been left behind for a better vehicle.

Mind you that during all this i have been making the Monte mine i.e. CAI, exhaust, PCM, Tstat, plugs andpulleys

OK the second part called The Switch

Ok im now done with the work on the Malibu and i hope to hell the car has gotten over its self and stops throwing this fit its been having. The Malibu was not stock and people around the area started to recognize my car and would occasionally race me (16.6 sec stock i had it down to 14.9 1/4). So as im driving to my fiances work this little Black Cobalt SS pulls up next to me and wants to race so i give it to him up to 40 and let off, next traffic light he pulls up next to me and asks what happened, I told him that i had to make a small adjustment he said ok and followed me into the parking lot (i guess he really wanted to race) which just happened to be my destination. I pull into a parking spot directly across from my Monte and he pulls up behind me and asks, what i was going to adjust with this really cocky tone in his voice. I looked at him and smiled, Alarmed the Malibu then walked over to my Monte and unarmed it as i opened the door to my Monte he realized what just happened, and his Jaw hit the floor the exact words out of his mouth were "you've got to be ****ting me" i asked him if he still wanted to race, he looked at me dead in the eyes and said "**** no" and sped off....I laughed for about 15 min before i could drive. Hope i can catch him at a red light again someday just to see how bad i would beat him since he refused to race.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Default RE: The Switch

LOL. That's funny. Obviously he's been eaten alive by Monte's before.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 PM

HAHAHA....That is AWESOME!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 AM

haha, nice!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Funny.
You ran 14.9 Secin the Malibu? What do you have done to it?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 AM

kinda cheated on it, my 97 engine was worn out and i found 2001 malibu that was totaled from the rear, so i swapped alot of parts, including the Engine wiring harness etc etc, went from the L86 to the LG8, Cold air intake 3400 throttlebody, ported and polished the intake when i was switching the intake gasket the first time, exhaust system with headers and had a friend dyno tune the PCM, in all only cost me abotu 1200 in parts and materials. got the totaled car for a song and dance $200 i felt bad but thats all they were asking for it and about a week solid of working on it

Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Nice swap on the 'Bou engine.