Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

So many kills, so little time!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Default So many kills, so little time!

So this is actually a couple (pardon thesmall bible of a thread and some MILD language {mostly blipped})stories spanning all the way back to my old '02 but first...

tonight, leaving work, i pull up behind this blue Probe with blue underbody lights and i thought he might try me if only we could get stuck at a light together. he was turning the same way i was and, at the next stoplight, i got my wish! i pulled up next to him and hoped he would think about it. well, the side lights turned yellow and i could hear him rev'ing to let out the clutch so i thought, "here we go"... red hits the side lights, wait one, two go and... our side didn't change! the **** left turn light hit for the oncoming traffic AND there was NOONE in the turn lane! he and i both had to slam the brakes and sit out the green and when it finally hit, i only pushed 3k to get going (still slipped on some road salt/gravel) and he didn't bother! that stupid turn light cost me a kill!

a couple of weeks ago now, i went down to Omaha for my friend's MMA fight and, on the way, i was "cruisin along" and watching the oncoming traffic a mile or two ahead for bears and, as i go past this chevy 1/2 ton and a little dodge neon, the truck swerves in right behind me and all i can see his the bowtie/his grill and him flippin me the bird right above his dash (can't even see up to his shoulders) and i wonder "wt* is this guys problem?" so i keep going with my cruise for a while and get back into the right hand lane and he tried to pull up along side me. i figure, "eh, why not?" and shut cruise off to let him up to me a bit... i let his front bumper get to my rear quarter panel and punch it enough to pull 1/4 car-length ahead, then i let him back up to me again so i can see in... go figure it's a guy i know from college who saw my school parking permit and me haulin @$$ and decided to give me a rough time for it... well, of course i had to show off a bit as of this point, i gave him the "let's go" point and he punched down as i walked away (up to 110, not fair b/c he tops at 96, but i walked away up to that point and then RAN away from 95-110! ) luckily this was through the NW part of iowa where there are no cops and the fines are the cheapest in the 5-state region! (still dumb, i know... but fun!) count it, truck/buddy kill!

and, back when the weather turned nice for a week, i took my friend to GNC in the mall so we could pick up our supplements and so we could cruise in the Intimidator and let her get a little fresh air! after GNC i decided to run her up Interstate for a bit to, you know, let everything loose well, out of the mall we hit the first stoplight (after shooting across three lanes to get into the proper exit for interstate) and this late model Grand Prix (NOT the GTP, sadly) pulls up next to me. i'm just bs'ing with my buddy until the side lights start to change and i time and launch at 3k (you'll find this isgoing to be a common theme for me) and i hear this guy hit it with everything he's got all of a sudden. i say to my friend "Really?" and let this Prix catch up to my door before i let holy h*** loose (at appr. a 20 mph roll by now) and bark the tires as i pull away. he then merged two lanes over and put a minivan between us before i got the interstate ramp... sad day for him! (only would have been better had he had a lady friend present!) count it! Intimidator kill!

now, going back to the '02... withtwo on the same day!

most recently i was headed back from work to pick up my checkbook from my place so i could pay back my coworker for lunch... i see an LS monte hit the stoplight ahead of me and pull in next to him (just to steal his lane, i never thought he'd try my SS...) anyway, he still had dealer papers in the windows and i guess he just wanted to see if he made a mistake (picking an LS)!
so, yellow, red, wait, wait, green and i go at around 3k

Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Default RE: So many kills, so little time!

some good stories there. I'm in Omaha with an 04 Intimidator and I've spotted maybe 2 or 3 of them around the city, spotted a Dale Jr one tooand everyone that see's mine automatically wants to race, highway, stoplight, back road, whatever. Alot of people aren't hip to em until they're eating your dust, depending on the car. I'll have to share some of my stories and post some pics.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Nice man. That first story made me laugh, I've had a few of those call as well along with the fact that some of the lights around town decide to have different delays at different times of day has cost me a few runs too.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:17 PM

ya, it's funny the people who don't know b/c it isn't written on the side (like the other '04 SC'd Montes or even the GTP that say it) and that's what makes it so much FUN!

i actually saw my first Jr edition in person the other day... too bad it was goin the other way on Interstate! just a few miles down the highway imet an '02 Intimidator, too... top that off with the three '04 Intimidators i've seen in Sioux Falls and it is becoming a Monte haven!

i'll let you know next time i head down to Omaha and we can take a little run over to Glenwood and run twin 1/8s...

and, Garrett, THAT would get frustrating! not knowing when it would time... ugh! [:'(]i just can't wait to hit Okoboji this summer b/c i KNOW all those lights and i KNOW i'll have takers down there... and some good matches, too!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM

Good Kills. Nice Intimidator.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM

sounds good even though I don't know how much good mine would do compared to others I've seen on here. Sadly but true the only thing I've had done to it since I've had it is basic maintenance. InSept I'm planning on getting some flowmasters, K&N CAI, and maybe a programmer. I've seen an "02" intimidator around my way just recenlty and alot of the newer Monte's. I'll be sure to let u guys know when I line up with a V8 because I've been wanting so see what they are all about.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 PM

that's fine... i WANT to run against a stock Intimidator!

i saw an '02 while i was down there, too... maybe the same one? [:-]

and i hear that on the v8... wish there was one here but i haven't seen any 06+ SS's, jut LTs...

Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM

I have ran stock Intimidators twice. Once when I was stock. Had a little less that car on him fom a dig to about 70. I was pulling on him slowly but surely.

Second one I had my CAI and flipped motor mount. It was an older 60+ cocky guy. Came up on me at a light his lane ends in about 500 ft so I knew he was going for it. From the start Ijumped a car ahead and puled maybe another car till70.
He came next to me at the next lightsaying I had NOS or something else cuz his is supercharged and mine is just a V6 I had to break the news to him that the 06-07 SS havea V8 he didn't believe me though.

But I have seen some modded Intimidators pushing about 270hp to the wheels I am sure they will eat my lunch.