Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

THE COUPLE KILLS I'VE HAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Default THE COUPLE KILLS I'VE HAD

1st kill:
My first kill in this car was vs a 96 Mustang Gt, it had full borla exhaust and cold air intake. Took off from the light he pulled away by half of car, as soon as hit 2nd I started pulling back and into third kept pulling and when I shut it down I was car infront.

2nd kill:
My second kill was vs a Dakota R/T with the 5.9. Messed with each other for a while finally got a stop light, light turned green punched it, got off to a good start he spun awhile. I just kept pulling away, he couple believe it was only a V6

3rd kill:
My buddies 04 Supercharged Monte Carlo. He only has exhaust. It was pretty even all the way until the end of second and that is when I started inching away. When I shut it down I was1/4 to 3/4 a car infront of him and still inching away

Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: THE COUPLE KILLS I'VE HAD

ORIGINAL: 06MCLTZ

3rd kill:
My buddies 04 Supercharged Monte Carlo. He only has exhaust. It was pretty even all the way until the end of second and that is when I started inching away. When I shut it down I was1/4 to 3/4 a car infront of him and still inching away

so now you gotta go up against one thats got a little more done....if you were in my area i would try

Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 PM

I agree, congrats on beatin a few guys!

But you need to bump into a fully built SS with a Blower.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:16 PM

[align=right]<- - - - - - - - - ->X-Woodstock, Canada[/align][align=center]X[/align][align=center]Meet Half Way [/align][align=right][/align][align=left]NORMAL, IL<- - - - - - - - - - - - >[/align][align=left][/align][align=center]Future MCF Drag National's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mod `Wiz Kidd vs. MCLTZ[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Time & Location to be determined.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]3.9L 242 HP against aSuperCharged 3.8L 240+ HP[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please Record & Post `it : )[/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]That would be a great Race : )[/align]

Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

I agree, congrats on beatin a few guys!

But you need to bump into a fully built SS with a Blower.
No `Keegan, us 3.9L V-6 Monte Carlo Owner'srun just find on
regular fuel, and are only one second slower to 60 & 1/4 mile times,then a V-8 Stock 06-07 Monte Carlo SS.
Plus, lower insurance & great MPG : )
Lower purchase price : )
0-60 in the mid six second bracket
1/4 miles in the mid 90's & in the mid fourteen's
from a stock 3.9L.
We use the rest of our money to enjoy life & party : )
I'm happy with my performance, and it's a super street cruiser : )
VVT...all the way ......Vroooooom : )
Downside : ( You can't beat the sounds of a Chevy V-8
or a mod V-6 with wild cam : )
~ Peace Out ~
Oh, wanta Race ? : )

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM

Yesss next spring, we'll race

Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i guess that answers our old question about 3.8 supercharged vs. 3.9. personally, i have always thougth the ford small blocks with a mild cam had the best sound in the world. sorry, chevy just does not have the commanding, deep, throaty sound of a ford.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 AM

I've noticed that you love to cut on your own car Cowboy.. why is that? Alot of people don't give Chevrolets the respect that they deserve, but thats only because not alot of people want to put the TIME into one to make it sound, and perform the way it should.

-Keegan

Old 09-01-2007, 07:08 AM

Yesss next spring, we'll race
Keegan ~ Explosive Soundz ~
I concede Go Race Mod `Wiz
I'm still on driving probation for Rac'in, plus super high risk insurance [X(][X(]
Now, I just watch It's a very expensive lesson.
I will go to a legal track & race, but no more on the Street [X(]
Look forward to your return from your mission,
and the completion of your Mod's.
Be Safe `ok,
`Space & Bum's

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 AM

[align=center]

I've noticed that you love to cut on your own car Cowboy.. why is that? Alot of people don't give Chevrolets the respect that they deserve, but thats only because not alot of people want to put the TIME into one to make it sound, and perform the way it should.

-Keegan
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Keegan, sounds like Cowboy would rather[/align][align=center]drive/ride his pony (jk)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]kiddy up......[/align][align=center]I do think that V-8 Mustang 5.0 or 4.6L have a great sound[/align][align=center]with the right system : )[/align][align=center][:-]I think Cowboy is stuck, & can't get out of his Monte [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Cowboy, just hav'in `Fun....Do U need Help gett'inout ? [/align]

Quick Reply: THE COUPLE KILLS I'VE HAD