Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pwned the tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Default Pwned the tiburon

went to the drive thru at taco bell. the guy in front of me had a hyundai tiburon with one of those fart cannon mufflers. the whole time i was trying to place my order he kept revving his engine so the guy working in there could not hear me placing my order. finally after getting my order through i pulled up a little quickly on his back bumper and just sat there giving light revs once i got my food i pulled out onto the main road and followed him until we got to the freeway ( 2 blocks away ). as soon as we hit the freeway he took off flying around the corner so naturally i had to do it. i caught up to him and got along side of him. we both looked at each other and i just smiled as i floored it and just seeing him in my rear view mirror. after about 1/2 mile he gave up and turned off. i do not condone street racing but once in a while i do lose control when i see these little punks thinking that because they have a really gross sounding exhaust system that they are "cool".

Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good kill! i hate those tiburons, so ugly IMO haha

Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Whats worse than a fart cannon on a ricer....? TWO fart cannons on a ricer and I swear every Tiburon I see here in Des Moines has dual outlet exhaust with two of those annoying pieces. How anyone thinks that is remotely cool is completely beyond my rational train of thought.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol nice kill

If either of you are ever in NC, I'd be more than happy to let you try and beat my fart pipe wielding ricer

Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 AM

OP, Great kill. I only like the look of the newest ones.... my roomies GF has one, their pretty nice. Id rather has a MC though!

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb

If either of you are ever in NC, I'd be more than happy to let you try and beat my fart pipe wielding ricer
Can I if Im ever in NC?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

They're really slow, but good kill.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

My brother in law has a late model one with a stick shift and a v6. I think the one he has looks nice and with the v6 and the stick, it seems to have some decent power. And that's just the car being stock, with no mods.

But I find the loud coffee can mufflers to be the biggest annoyance! I think it's a bad attempt to over compensate... Small, weak engine, make it sound LOUD and people may actually think you have some action going on...

Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
lol nice kill

depends what part of NC i will be in LeJeune in 5 or 6 months when my son comes back from afghanistan

Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vita
OP, Great kill. I only like the look of the newest ones.... my roomies GF has one, their pretty nice. Id rather has a MC though!

Can I if Im ever in NC?
No, you have to race the Monte

Cash Money,

LeJeune is in Jacksonville, right? I'm in wayyy northeast NC, but I know there are tracks in Kinston, which isn't too far from there, one in Creswell, and one in Hertford (the latter two are northeast-ish) and the Zmax track in Concord. Which way are you taking to get to LeJeune? That is, if you want to take it to the track... Now if I'm going to go to Zmax for the first time, I gotta bring the Monte.....

Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by NovaSS369
Whats worse than a fart cannon on a ricer....? TWO fart cannons on a ricer and I swear every Tiburon I see here in Des Moines has dual outlet exhaust with two of those annoying pieces. How anyone thinks that is remotely cool is completely beyond my rational train of thought.
i have seen alot of those around DSM too

Quick Reply: Pwned the tiburon