Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Default Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?

Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger? Please give your prefernce and opionions (looks, style, power, performance)on both vehicles. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?

Im going to have to go with the camaro.
I see these advantages to it that the Challenger doesnt have.
-The highest trim will have manual (unlike srt-8)
-The V6 makes 300 hp, and costs about the same as a 250hp v6 challenger, while weighing less.
-Interior looks way better

Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 PM

CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

you're on a Chevy forum... but I will go on and be the traitor who likes the Challenger.

I am a big fan of this retro-styling phase, but Chevy and Dodge are too late to the starting line with their Camaro's and Challengers.

I would like to, as politely as I can, correct the thing abotu the Challenger SRT8 not having a manual... was true, but is true no longer. Apparently after 3 years it was rushed into production... and the first year offered only the 5 speed with the manual (or as I call it, semi-auto) function. The SRT8 of this year will have a 6 speed with the infamous pistol grip.

I can see where Chevy was trying to go retro... after someone pointed it out to me. I can see 1970 all over the Challenger... the Camaro's retro design is an epic fail... Mustang and Challenger did pretty well with the retro bit though.

The hemi Challenger is 435 hp I believe... nicer interior in my opinion, and an infamous pistol grip to a 6 speed transmission... good looking car.

But to be honest, I'd have to be a real traitor and go with the Mustang (but not the one they are bringing out next year... Challenger over that POS any day.)

Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Yah i kno this is a bow-tie fan site, but we do have some differing opininions! Keep em comin.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:51 PM

I am going to say I would rather have the camaro. I have had6 over the years and 3 montes. but I have to say the challenger is damn nice looking. since I have not seen a camaro on the road yet I hope it looks as good as pictures. what the hell give me one of each and I'll shut up .

[IMG]local://upfiles/3966/F80602899BC04B31853ED03EC73005AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 AM

[align=center]
2010 Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger SRT8 and Ford Mustang hang out
and spend the afternoon Smok`in their tires.
[/align][align=center]They each have their good points, and bad points, but I would love to[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]have a all black Camaro SSas my first choice, my 2nd choice wouldbe the SRT8,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]and my 3rd is the Mustang GT.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]But, since I`m dreaming, and dreams are `free, I would love to have all (3) in my stable of cars,[/align][align=center]plus a new ZR1 for a super fastweekend escape machine.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]"2 dare, 2 `dream" in SpaceVision[:-][/align][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Dreams are where we want to `go, & work is how we get there" g/p`Space[/align][align=center]Work`in my `dreams, 4-$ure[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 AM

Camaro VS Challenger Smackdown! SEMA Edition
[:-]

Click above for the Camaro vs Challenger Smackdown
[/align]
Earlier this week we published live shots of four Camaro Concepts that Chevy had brought to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. As the Official Car of the show this year, the Camaro was expected to be present in full force. What we didn't expect were all the great Dodge Challengers that we've found. We've shared some of our favorites with you already, but the official Challengers from Mopar alone are pretty spectacular. Today we went back and took another look at the Challengers in Mopar Alley and realized something: Black is to Blacktop as LS7 is to SRT10 as GS is to Targa. The Camaro and Challenger concepts at SEMA match up pretty well. Coincidence? We think not. So, building on our recent GM/Chrysler Battle Royale, we decided to find out which muscle car concepts were king at the 2008 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
[/align][/align]Our first smackdown matchup is less a battle between the Camaro and Challenger than it is between GM Performance Part's LS7 crate motor and the 8.4L V10 behemoth that powers the Viper SRT10. The Camaro LS7 Concept (full gallery) employs the former tuned to 550 hp and the Challenger SRT10 (full gallery - official | live) uses a bone stock version of the latter making 600 hp. With all due respect to the LS small block and its storied heritage, there is, as they say, no replacement for displacement.

Advantage: Challenger SRT10

[/align]What a coincidence that both Chevy and Dodge brought along official race versions of their muscle cars to SEMA this year. Both are serious competitors, with the Challenger Targa (full gallery) starting life as a Mopar drag race package car and upgraded with hardcore performance parts taken almost entirely from the Mopar catalogue. Its 392 HEMI V8 crate motor is churning out 540 hp and 490 lb-ft of torque. Oh, but then there's the Camaro GS (full gallery). Yes, we're absolutely smitten with the blue-and-yellow livery inspired by Mark Donahue's '69 Trans Am car. And while the LS3 V8 underhood is bone stock, the body is seam-welded and the trunk, hood, doors and fenders made of carbon fiber. It may be down on power to the Challenger Targa, but the Camaro GS strikes us as the more serious racer. In fact, it's actually an early prototype for the Grand Am Koni Challenge GS racing class, which means we'll soon see it competing for real.

Advantage: Camaro GS

[/align]Having a blacked-out version of your car at SEMA is almost cliché at this point. You tint the windows, swap in some black wheels and take off the shine with matte black paint and, voila, you've got a car that will inevitably be referred to by someone as "Darth Vader's ride". We found the Camaro Black (full gallery) stuck with this strategy closely, and was the only official Camaro concept at SEMA sporting a V6 rather than a V8. The Challenger Blacktop (full gallery), however, earned style points for its blacked-out 22-inch Viper wheels, black on black striping, unique front and rear spoilers and, most importantly, a 5.7L V8 to make it sound as sinister as it looks.

Advantage: Challenger Blacktop

[/align]There you have it, after being soundly trounced in our GM/Chrysler Battle Royale, the Pentastar fights back by slapping the Camaro around at SEMA. We've only compared a few official concepts of these pony cars, but can tell you that the show floor at SEMA is littered with customer Challengers. Since the Camaro is not on sale yet, the only custom ones can be found in GM's own display. Credit goes to Chrysler here for making the most of SEMA and putting the Challenger's best foot forward here

Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 AM

Camaro!!!!!! Gotta stick with the bowtie.

I would love to get a camaro in a few years after im done payin off the monte.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Am I the only person around here who thinks that hte redesigned Mustang in 2005 was a good looking car?

Quick Reply: Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?