Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my monte is popular

Old 10-10-2010, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default my monte is popular

As the title says, I just had a friend of mine call me last night, I used to go to some car meets around here, but people were being stupid and I didn't want to be around when the law comes in to teach them some manners.

Anyways, a friend of mine called me last night from the car meet that I no longer attend and told me that there are a lot of people there wanting to race me. Now I don't set up races, and I still haven't, but these people are being told by someone that my car is really fast and they want to run me because they think they can beat me.

I have in the past ran and beat several hondas, a couple of late 80s 300z's, a couple of 350z's, a couple of g35 coupes, a couple of scion tcs, and a couple of mustangs.
I have been beat by a modded mustang gt (only by a little) and a stock G35 sedan

The first of these people I have known for a long time, he drives a 92 nissan sentra ser with a sr20 and CAI and exhaust

The second is a stock HHRSS, I don't even know this guy, and a couple of hondas that I don't know either.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:06 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add, are there any thoughts or what may be going on or how I should react, or even who might win these?

I don't really think my car is that fast, but someone must because my car is growing in popularity without me even being there to back it up.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

so did you race them or what? lol

Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I wouldnt drive anywhere to race someone unless it was to a racetrack. I do occasionally run people on the streets, but only really when the opportunity presents itself. Setting up a street race, especially multiple ones is just asking for someone to get in trouble.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010

I dont condone street racing, but around here its getting more high tech. If your gonna get serious, get a police scanner radio, and a radar detector.

Sentra shouldnt be too bad, they arent the most torque loving cars.
HHR SS, I honestly have no idea.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Why race them? If you have only the mods that are listed, then your car isn't that fast. If you just let rumors fly that your car is fast, then there will be a "mystique" about it, and that is what legends are made of.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Lol, no I have never raced them. Like I said, I don't feel my car is fast at all, but all of my friends think so. And like I said before, I don't set up anything, just let it happen

Old 10-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I would let it play out on it's own. Also i don't know about Tennessee but in michigan any crime committed with a police scanner in your possession is automatically upgraded to a felony so i don't think i'd go that route.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 View Post
I would let it play out on it's own. Also i don't know about Tennessee but in michigan any crime committed with a police scanner in your possession is automatically upgraded to a felony so i don't think i'd go that route.
Unless the crime being committed is already a felony, then it is "double jeopardy" and they cancel each other out. You should be fine! (This info is the legal advice of M. Scott, Scranton,PA)

Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
Why race them? If you have only the mods that are listed, then your car isn't that fast. If you just let rumors fly that your car is fast, then there will be a "mystique" about it, and that is what legends are made of.
x2

Great advise! Safer too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my monte is popular

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.