Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   my monte is popular (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/my-monte-popular-23776/)

augi 10-10-2010 12:04 PM

my monte is popular

As the title says, I just had a friend of mine call me last night, I used to go to some car meets around here, but people were being stupid and I didn't want to be around when the law comes in to teach them some manners.

Anyways, a friend of mine called me last night from the car meet that I no longer attend and told me that there are a lot of people there wanting to race me. Now I don't set up races, and I still haven't, but these people are being told by someone that my car is really fast and they want to run me because they think they can beat me.

I have in the past ran and beat several hondas, a couple of late 80s 300z's, a couple of 350z's, a couple of g35 coupes, a couple of scion tcs, and a couple of mustangs.
I have been beat by a modded mustang gt (only by a little) and a stock G35 sedan

The first of these people I have known for a long time, he drives a 92 nissan sentra ser with a sr20 and CAI and exhaust

The second is a stock HHRSS, I don't even know this guy, and a couple of hondas that I don't know either.

augi 10-10-2010 12:06 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add, are there any thoughts or what may be going on or how I should react, or even who might win these?

I don't really think my car is that fast, but someone must because my car is growing in popularity without me even being there to back it up.

red04montels 10-10-2010 12:08 PM

so did you race them or what? lol

mrl390 10-10-2010 01:22 PM

I wouldnt drive anywhere to race someone unless it was to a racetrack. I do occasionally run people on the streets, but only really when the opportunity presents itself. Setting up a street race, especially multiple ones is just asking for someone to get in trouble.

Enzo354 10-10-2010 04:34 PM

I dont condone street racing, but around here its getting more high tech. If your gonna get serious, get a police scanner radio, and a radar detector.

Sentra shouldnt be too bad, they arent the most torque loving cars.
HHR SS, I honestly have no idea.

LuSe4 10-10-2010 05:36 PM

Why race them? If you have only the mods that are listed, then your car isn't that fast. If you just let rumors fly that your car is fast, then there will be a "mystique" about it, and that is what legends are made of.

augi 10-10-2010 09:04 PM

Lol, no I have never raced them. Like I said, I don't feel my car is fast at all, but all of my friends think so. And like I said before, I don't set up anything, just let it happen

lougreen03 10-10-2010 10:19 PM

I would let it play out on it's own. Also i don't know about Tennessee but in michigan any crime committed with a police scanner in your possession is automatically upgraded to a felony so i don't think i'd go that route.

LuSe4 10-11-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 267698)
I would let it play out on it's own. Also i don't know about Tennessee but in michigan any crime committed with a police scanner in your possession is automatically upgraded to a felony so i don't think i'd go that route.

Unless the crime being committed is already a felony, then it is "double jeopardy" and they cancel each other out. You should be fine! (This info is the legal advice of M. Scott, Scranton,PA);)

JuniorCar 10-11-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by LuSe4 (Post 267651)
Why race them? If you have only the mods that are listed, then your car isn't that fast. If you just let rumors fly that your car is fast, then there will be a "mystique" about it, and that is what legends are made of.

x2

Great advise! Safer too