Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang vs. Monte, the mustang side of the story

Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hehe, i didn't realize it was a 5 year old thread but i still responded to it =D

Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He also rips on the SS tag. Didn't Ford make an SVT Contour and an SVT Focus? Monte Carlo SS and Colbalt SS would spank those all day. I'm just saying...

Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Its funny I found this thred I own a mustang and monte both works in progress, but the mustangs almost done. Just today iwas putting the motor, trans, and headers in the car in 1 piece. And it was giving me a lot of grief, so I got online and looked up what's been done before and how to do it well let's just say mustang websites members. Are jerks maybe not all but lots are. For reference google
"C6 in a fox mustang" and see the jerk responces. Btw you can fit a c6 behind a 302 with long tube headers in a fox!!!
Sorry bout going on and on but its kind of funny

Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's why I'm a Torino guy... the Torino people are much more friendly, helpful, and just have better personalities than the Mustang people. I think the same is true about us Monte Carlo people vs. the Camaro people... we're just a more mature group. Maybe w'ere not faster... maybe we are, but we care more about our cars and getting the most out of the them in a more friendly way. Some of the older guys at the car shows are good... mellowed out I guess... the newer Mustang people, and a lot of hte ones at the drag strip... they're just jerks though.

I like Mustangs fine, they're a good car... but I've never really been a big Mustang kind of guy... preferred hte Torino's as a kid and when I got to looking into a car for myself, hte Chevrolet Monte Carlo lured me away from the Ford camp.. Ford just didn't have anything that matched it in my opinion... and I loved it's NASCAR heritage.... so I found myself one!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM

Yeah those Camaro guys can be jerks also. There just mad that they has a car that every one else has also. As for mustangs, I like my foxes "big motor plus little car equals HELLA BURNOUTS "

Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member

wow, i want to apologize to everyone haha, i just woke up today to the next door guy asking if you all thought i was dumb yet. I left this thread open yesterday while I showered and my roommate let people mess with my computer, unfortunately they posted here and there and continued to post there from their computer after they made the account lol.

oh well, i got the password to there and talked to one guy and he was actually pretty cool.

guess i show with both computers off from now on haha

Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
wow, i want to apologize to everyone haha, i just woke up today to the next door guy asking if you all thought i was dumb yet. I left this thread open yesterday while I showered and my roommate let people mess with my computer, unfortunately they posted here and there and continued to post there from their computer after they made the account lol.

oh well, i got the password to there and talked to one guy and he was actually pretty cool.

guess i show with both computers off from now on haha
Set up a password on the computer and just hit windows+L when you leave the computer. That's what I did in college.

Then on my Mac I just set up a hot-corner to turn on the screensaver and that has a password to return from.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Set up a password on the computer and just hit windows+L when you leave the computer. That's what I did in college.

Then on my Mac I just set up a hot-corner to turn on the screensaver and that has a password to return from.
Thanks Mike, I'm gonna have to do that when I get back to my room.. first time I've had trouble with that but oh well I guess it happens. Thanks again

Old 04-01-2011, 09:21 PM

You should be able to setup hotkeys for windows for the screensaver and password protect it as well. Atleast you could in win98 (Yea I know...I am getting old)

As for drag racing...I live about 15 mins from the strip so I tell them if they wanna we can meet at the track. Which I perfer anyways...get to line up and it is timed so it is more fair. (Altho....everyone once in a blue moon...I might let it loose on the street)

Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Originally Posted by trewyn15
hehe, i didn't realize it was a 5 year old thread but i still responded to it =D
Most of them responded with curse words and insults.
This is what one said which i think was the funniest since it was what we were talking about.
"Apparently he drives a 3.4L monte carlo. If you're gonna talk ****, at least drive a fast car."
<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang vs. Monte, the mustang side of the story