Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang vs. Monte, the mustang side of the story

Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the offense Duane!

But I'm proud to be a part of a forum not so full of hate. Personally, I don't think too many should rip on anyones ride because there is always a bigger fish. No matter how fast you are, someone is faster and can claim your car is a piece of crap.

Nothing is as crappy as a Volkswagen (who's hatin' now?)

Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM

i have a ford mustang and a chevy i will not rip on any ones ride. because every ones ride is there pride and joy i wont rip in to them about there cars because it is not right and pluse it is not me.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 PM

ialso i dont rip on the new challenger or the new charger i know my mustang is faster do to the money i put in to it but i also know those two cars can be monsters do to how much hp they perduce with bunch of minor mods. i dont knock on the cars or the drivers. even though some drivers are just jerks it is not what they drive it is the person who is and do jokes on others. there is always some one who will make a sly remark on some thing

Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah... found it funny how they're comparing apples to oranges... V8 cars to V6's, and you're bragging..... really.... that's like me bragging about beating that Cavalier 2 and a half years ago. And their grammar is rather sub-par.

Originally Posted by automan_1954
Hi there, I'm a new member. I just joined today and I'm glad I found this forum. There is plenty of sites for Camaros, but have a hard time finding sites for Monte Carlos.

Can anyone tell me where I can download free software to make a custom picture of my cars and add graphics and text like Cowboy6622?
I used photoshop on my thing... I don't have access to hte thing personally... my roommate's computer has it and it took abotu 10 minutes, lasso out what you want, turn down teh opacity for that layer... but you can upload pictures of your car for us to see on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket, or you can e-mail them to whoever wnats to build a signature for you. If you go to the General Monte Carlo Talk section, in the second little section, first thing in it, and there is a sticky for a topic made by a character named KidSpace (you'll get to know and love him if you stay long), and it is "Member Signature Pics, who has the talent ot make them" just post over there what you want ande someone can make it for you. Otherwise, pull up a chair, crack open a drink, nad have a good time... welcome to the forum!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Those like 7 posts were it??

It's also from 2006 and he said he went against one of the newer V6 ones, so he probably had a run against a Monte Carlo LS with the 3.5

IDK why everyone is talking about the L67 here haha

Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 AM

i think the reason for the guys post on that site was that the new sc monte he raced was rated at 240hp while his 5.0 was rated at 215hp. whether its a v8 or a v6 i think is besides the point. by just those numbers the monte shouldnt have gotten walked. then again you dont see too many bone stock 5.0s even in the sn95s. either way he shouldnt have been proud of beating a v6 luxury sport coupe in his v8 pony car. then again he probably new damn well he had no chance in hell of keeping up with a lt1 f body car so i guess you gotta make the best of what you have. if you ask me the guy in the monte probably wasnt even racing he was probably like look at this fool in his mustang.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
if you ask me the guy in the monte probably wasnt even racing he was probably like look at this fool in his mustang.
I've often wondered how many times people brag about beating cars that didn't even try to race them back. Happens to me all the time, I'll have my wife and 2 young daughters along in the car, some clown either passes me like I'm sitting still or takes off from the redlight beside me like we're supposed to be drag racing... I don't mess around, especially with my family along.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, I've raced cars to the speed limit.. I wonder how many of them go around bragging about how I had them up to about 55 and then they walked me after that. Kind of funny. The guy didn't cite any proof the car was supercharged.... just a newer car, not all newer SS cars were supercharged, and not many people know exactly what is under the hood of a Monte except those of us who own one.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 AM

I agree with a lot of points here... But, what everyone has failed to mention is that everyone and their dog seems to own a mustang... I know I cant drive around for very long without seeing at least three of them. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:12 PM

i agre with the points thats why i dont even bother with other drivers who think they are big and bad and think they can walk any thing. i know in any condition on the road and the road of life there is horrible concequenses with stupid actions thats why i dont bother when some one thinks they can out run me. i rather have the other driver get the ticket and his/her car taken away due to racing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang vs. Monte, the mustang side of the story