Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Monte Carlo LS vs 2014 Audi A5

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everyone else is doin it

I wanna play too

I beat a Viper

Yayyy

Old 01-16-2014, 10:13 AM

I was wondering too on how he is coming up with those figures. That's a big gain over a stock 3.4 and if it's wheel power than that's the same almost as a SS/SC stock wheel hp so a minimum gain of about 50-60 crank power through mods! Just an FYI intake and exhaust only gives 1-7hp so a lot more has to be done. It would be a close race between the ss/sc and a v6 6spd accord but in a Q miles the accord has the advantage in the top end and yea holding gears helps a lot but a manual still is a better option given the right driver.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Ps. Montelsv6 you sir are an example on what not to do in "snow+rain+Downhill and I'm saying this nicely" type of weather condition. I live 35 mins away from Lockport, I've had same weather as you in Carol Stream it's horrible trying to get any traction what's so ever yet you feel the need to endanger you're girlfriends life for your own pleasure, and you lost to that Audi you're just making up this story to get some attention on this forum.

Pss. I'm sorry are you really using that line from vin diesel in the first fast and furious movie? !!!!LMFAO!!!!
If that was referring to me with the accord then yes, I must of looked up the wrong year (don't feel like going back a few pages to see if he listed one lol )

Anyways dude, let me explain the road conditions before you go off again. The roads were in good condition. Apparently I need to explain my situations and the environment a little better for you. There was some left over snow (you know from it raining those days) ..the road had a wet appearance, but nonetheless wasn't slippery. Okay, now this is the part where you really need to pay attention. Now, I STOPPED...BEFORE...the hill...so yes, that would be a prime example of how to apparently admit defeat when I slowed down, so I wouldn't have a problem with that hill or endanger our lives. (I forgot you were sitting next to me when this occurred, my apologies). Although that Audi guy kept going lol ...I know my car, I know how to handle it under the given road conditions ("Well you're not going to when you wrap it around a pole...."..no one can lol), we weren't going 100+mph lol not even close to that.

Yeah dude hahaha I thought it'd be funny to put that quote in haha

Originally Posted by turbo monte
ok, anything is possible that is correct. now what mods do you have done to your 3.4? you said you have 205-210 is that whp or bhp? the audi has 220bhp, weight is near the same so here is my thought, if your hp guess is correct and you are 205-210bhp i feel you guys are even and who ever gets the better start wins, now if your 205-210whp you will slowly pull away... im still curious to know your mods that gained that much hp over a stock 3.4......

next, i like making street pulls etc but never on a wet road
Well, we were even, and I was pulling slowly away. I said that in the description. BUT I didn't have the opportunity to see him pull on me.

Now before everyone thinks that habibie (apologies if I don't have your name right) is the official enforcer of the condition of the roads at the time...the roads were fine. Not slippery, it's like after it rains the road has a wet appearance, but isn't very wet? lol hard to describe. I've just used what I said about "snow + rain + downhill" as a generalization to sum it up...apparently i'm not doing that anymore lol

Well, I was playing around with my app, and a few calculators online from 0-60 runs..and it came out to be 205-210bhp...Now whether that's right or not, is up to the Dyno...as that's what I'm going off of. Could be 200 for all I know [or less]

My mods consist of: CAI, Coolant Bypass Mod, Summit Racing Downpipe with a better flowing cat, U-bend delete, Resonator delete, No muffler. I also take control of the gears manually. 2nd gear, 55mph, is rather a sweet spot to take off from in my car.

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
After some searching, the accord has 240hp and only 212 lb-ft of torque. The accord and a supercharged monte weigh about the same. Pretty sure the monte would beat the accord. They make 240hp and 280lb-ft torque
Ah okay, as mentioned above, I might of looked up the wrong year...ohh, maybe the 2014 ones?

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Everyone else is doin it

I wanna play too

I beat a Viper

Yayyy
lol congrats man.....this morning I pulled on a bugatti!

I was wondering too on how he is coming up with those figures. That's a big gain over a stock 3.4 and if it's wheel power than that's the same almost as a SS/SC stock wheel hp so a minimum gain of about 50-60 crank power through mods! Just an FYI intake and exhaust only gives 1-7hp so a lot more has to be done. It would be a close race between the ss/sc and a v6 6spd accord but in a Q miles the accord has the advantage in the top end and yea holding gears helps a lot but a manual still is a better option given the right driver.
No no no no lol it's not at the wheels...did I just say 205-210 and not specify whether or not it was bhp or whp? ....205-210 is pretty roughly measured at the wheels. lol that's ridiculous! That's be nice to have at the wheels though....okay, so you guys are talking about the 2014's lol

Last edited by MonteLSV6; 01-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

It would be a close race between the ss/sc and a v6 6spd accord but in a Q miles the accord has the advantage in the top end and yea holding gears helps a lot but a manual still is a better option given the right driver.
With a newer (2012+) accord I think I'd have to give that advantage to an accord. But for that price I could so a lot to the monte that cost me $3950. A manual will always pull better IF you have the right driver. But washington is ricer central and most these guys do not know how to do it. (Iv never raced in a manual so im also no good at it haha) I have guys all the time say there turbo built civic or Evo or Sti will take me, I say yeah, probably, but if I put 20 grand into this car that would be a different story. My point is I think the SS version is a really good building platform to make a decent fast good looking car.

(Sorry to thread jack a little)

Old 01-16-2014, 12:29 PM

The accord is a low 14 second car stock. The MC/SS/SC is a high 14, low 15 second car. Holding gears might bump u up .1 to .3 of a seconds final time faster but not a whole second improvement.

Also 03-04 accord costs about the same as the 04-05 ss sc MC

Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 PM
1 Year Member

The accord is a low 14 second car stock. The MC/SS/SC is a high 14, low 15 second car. Holding gears might bump u up .1 to .3 of a seconds final time faster but not a whole second improvement.

Also 03-04 accord costs about the same as the 04-05 ss sc MC
The steal ability of the 2000-26006 accord makes it a car I would never buy. But I do like the styling and the fact thats its a V6. Also I dont like its low torque numbers, it has top end power but torque is my favorite

Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't see you netting 20bhp on exhaust mods and a intake, maybe with a tune as well but without a tune no way. Also the "HP app calculator" is a joke don't ever go off of that.

Last thing these cars HATE manual shifting and will kill the trans way faster, I suggest against this. The only thing I would do is downshift it to get correct rpm's and then once florred shift to 3rd before it is needing the shift and let it shift itself. If the shift is sloppy etc that's why there are shift kits and tunning that can fix that. Also NEVER go WOT in 4th gear and if you do plan for a rebuild in the very near future.

If you did get the win congrats. I vote that you meet up with him again. And video the race!!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:00 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte

Last thing these cars HATE manual shifting and will kill the trans way faster, I suggest against this. The only thing I would do is downshift it to get correct rpm's and then once florred shift to 3rd before it is needing the shift and let it shift itself. If the shift is sloppy etc that's why there are shift kits and tunning that can fix that.
I need to get a shift kit and a tune, but I almost want to try and keep everything as stock as possible (drive train wise) until im ready to undertake the turbo build. That way its all built around the turbo.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 PM

i gave an older sabb turbo a run for its money like a month or 2 ago off from a light. anyone else here ever hit the rev limiter in 3rd....

Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 AM

Im in need of a shift kit, this cold weather is making my baby shift a bit hard :[ and hesitate a bit. I dont think the original owner ever had the tranny fluid changed so im HOPING once I drop pan and add a shift kit, it helps. :[ i manual shift her sometimes, just to run through the gears so she doesnt shift so hard or sluggish. Then I drive like a grandpa ofcourse. lol.

however, i never knew a fun race would be so serious...

And on the accord count, my gf has a 2014 accord, and from driving my 2007 SS VS her accord, she never stood a chance, even from the line lol. Thats a true fact.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Monte Carlo LS vs 2014 Audi A5