Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Monte Carlo LS vs 2014 Audi A5

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
You and an Audi A5 and you won, sorry that's some major BS bro, I can't even beat a 1.8 Jetta with an 03 6spd accord and that accord rapes my MC day and night.
Also I couldn't beat an Audi A4 2.0T with a 01 GTP and that same GTP eats my car alive.
Sorry to hear that man, I know what I saw. It looked like a 2014 model so that's what I'm was going after (spec wise). That 03 accord you're talking about weights in about 3,000lbs with roughly 160hp...so yes, a stock MC might not be a good opponent.

Originally Posted by Slugger088
LOL beat an A5 huh? Who was driving
I was driving my monte, and the other guy was driving his lol

Originally Posted by Hiroska
a5 had to be a bad driver. Those have pretty good engines, unless your monte is modded? I had this old civic try to race me david, lol, blew past at the line, i was crusing on his *** lol.
Coulda been. They have 220bhp, I have 205-210ish now (A Dyno visit might be in my near future). Yes I am modded as it gets for a budget. lol nice man

Even with a bad driver if that driver knows how to get the car rolling he 'll know how to beat a slug. A modded LS highly unlikely, a modded SS/SC is possible but those audi's have amazing torque and they haul ***
I was shocked too when I started to pull. I'll never know if he'd catch up and pull or not (which I assume he would). If only the road was longer (as I mentioned in the story it was a hill, then turns into a downhill and there is a light right there. Snow + Rain + Downhill = no bueno)

Audi A5: 3,583lbs ...my '02 Monte LS (modded): 3,340lbs. I've got 243lbs on him.

Power to weight ratio is a powerful thing that works itself out. I've...well, I wouldn't say "race"..more like, showing who was faster in a short stretch at WOT.. a truck that was 4-5k lbs with alot more power and I walked on him. Then again that's a truck, not an Audi.

I know my monte is slow, I'm not saying it's fast. Power to weight is an unexpected equation as well as a great surprise.

You're all entitled to your own opinions I respect that

I know what I saw, and I know what I was up against.

Annnnd so did my girlfriend LOL

Any Agree-ers on Power to weight?

I'd for sure love a re-match to see what's up.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

All i know is he's called the stig

How poorly could a 2 year old car run which is probably still under warranty. A5 is a new Audi model hence its still technically a new car

Even with a bad driver if that driver knows how to get the car rolling he 'll know how to beat a slug. A modded LS highly unlikely, a modded SS/SC is possible but those audi's have amazing torque and they haul ***
Anything is possible its a car

Old 01-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Ahah, well good job, he admitted how he beat the Audi, any win = a accomplishment to say the least.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Anything is possible its a car
Very True.

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Ahah, well good job, he admitted how he beat the Audi, any win = a accomplishment to say the least.
Thank you

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or a mile. Winning's winning." - Vin Diesel

Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
If any stock Honda beat my monte I would be ashamed.
Well sorry to say but any stock 03 accord 6-spd will spank a stock sixth gen MC even sadly the SS/SC, our auto trans cant deliver what those manuals can and FYI the 6-spd manual transmission was only available to V6 accords pushing 240-260 crank HP.(that's already 20-40 horses more than the 04-05 SS/SC MC's) So there for be prepared to be ashamed.

Ps. Montelsv6 you sir are an example on what not to do in "snow+rain+Downhill and I'm saying this nicely" type of weather condition. I live 35 mins away from Lockport, I've had same weather as you in Carol Stream it's horrible trying to get any traction what's so ever yet you feel the need to endanger you're girlfriends life for your own pleasure, and you lost to that Audi you're just making up this story to get some attention on this forum.

Pss. I'm sorry are you really using that line from vin diesel in the first fast and furious movie? !!!!LMFAO!!!!

Last edited by Habbibie; 01-15-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

ok, anything is possible that is correct. now what mods do you have done to your 3.4? you said you have 205-210 is that whp or bhp? the audi has 220bhp, weight is near the same so here is my thought, if your hp guess is correct and you are 205-210bhp i feel you guys are even and who ever gets the better start wins, now if your 205-210whp you will slowly pull away... im still curious to know your mods that gained that much hp over a stock 3.4......

next, i like making street pulls etc but never on a wet road

Old 01-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well sorry to say but any stock 03 accord 6-spd will spank a stock sixth gen MC even sadly the SS/SC, our auto trans cant deliver what those manuals can and FYI the 6-spd manual transmission was only available to V6 accords pushing 240-260 crank HP.(that's already 20-40 horses more than the 04-05 SS/SC MC's) So there for be prepared to be ashamed.

Ps. Montelsv6 you sir are an example on what not to do in "snow+rain+Downhill and I'm saying this nicely" type of weather condition. I live 35 mins away from Lockport, I've had same weather as you in Carol Stream it's horrible trying to get any traction what's so ever yet you feel the need to endanger you're girlfriends life for your own pleasure, and you lost to that Audi you're just making up this story to get some attention on this forum.

Pss. I'm sorry are you really using that line from vin diesel in the first fast and furious movie? !!!!LMFAO!!!!

After some searching, the accord has 240hp and only 212 lb-ft of torque. The accord and a supercharged monte weigh about the same. Pretty sure the monte would beat the accord. They make 240hp and 280lb-ft torque

Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93

After some searching, the accord has 240hp and only 212 lb-ft of torque. The accord and a supercharged monte weigh about the same. Pretty sure the monte would beat the accord. They make 240hp and 280lb-ft torque
My monte beats every other N/A 3800 its faced andcivics and an v6 accord if I remember correctly. Im not talking long races, short light to light where my torque gets the best of them. I also had a pretty good long run with a Turbo Charged Cobalt. That one ended up as more of a tie. Also I dont let my trans do the shifting do me really. I always hold the gears longer which I feel gives me and edge. Not sayin im fast, saying I haven't been "raped" by a stock honda. Yet. I know that my car is getting older. Which is why Iv decided it needs a Turbo

Old 01-16-2014, 07:57 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
My monte beats every other N/A 3800 its faced andcivics and an v6 accord if I remember correctly. Im not talking long races, short light to light where my torque gets the best of them. I also had a pretty good long run with a Turbo Charged Cobalt. That one ended up as more of a tie. Also I dont let my trans do the shifting do me really. I always hold the gears longer which I feel gives me and edge. Not sayin im fast, saying I haven't been "raped" by a stock honda. Yet. I know that my car is getting older. Which is why Iv decided it needs a Turbo
Thats pretty good then. I would have though the TC Cobalt would be tough to beat. I heard they even give the LS4 some trouble in a race. That car is quick and light

Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Slugger088

Thats pretty good then. I would have though the TC Cobalt would be tough to beat. I heard they even give the LS4 some trouble in a race. That car is quick and light
I think its biggest dis-advantage its gearing. It raced through the gear real quick. If it was a dead all out just go race the outcome may have been a little different but any time we had to slow I got the advantage on take off. But its defiantly is a quick and light car and I'd never heard of it till that day.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Monte Carlo LS vs 2014 Audi A5