Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Been a while, couple Monte victories...

Old 09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Default Been a while, couple Monte victories...

Its been a while since I posted last. So far this year I haven't been able to get anywhere near the 14's in the quarter mile for whatever reason. I was running consistently in the mid-14's all last year and now its like I've started all over again. Haven't been able to get a single win in a heads up race at the track all year because of whatever's causing my Monte's slowness. I finally broke that spell last weekend at the track where my car club gathered for the final PFYC sponsored bracket race. After I was taken out in the first round because I broke out, I got into the lanes with everybody else that was heads-up racing. The first car was an old Suburu wagon that ran a 20-second ET in the quarter. The second victim was a turbocharged Honda with a body kit that was primer gray and had the usual fart can. I punched the gas on the third amber so I got a better light than the Honda did, about 1/4 track all I could see in my mirror was him way behind, but then at half track I looked again and saw him gaining on me fast but to no avail. Just as he got to the front edge of my door I crossed the line and took the win.

Today I was heading on my way to my friends house to pick him up and take him to get himself legal to drive again. I pulled up to a light next to a Mazda Miata. There was a pretty nice straight away in front of us. Now, I usually take off from lights pretty quick anyway because of my lead foot, so when the light turned green I took off a little fast, about half throttle, and this guy in the Miata gets on it hard. I said to myself "oh I don't think so..." So I punched the gas and threw the tranny into 1st again and it was on. He kept up, but I started pulling away once I hit third. I ended the race when I looked down and saw that I was doing almost 90 so I let off. Once I let off he did as well and pulled off at the next street.

I don't street race, but something inside told me to go for it this one time.