Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~

Muscle Car's 1/4 times
1962 - 1999
How many can your Monte Carlo beat ?
[:-]Click below [:-]
* Jon, glad to
read,U beat
the 5.0 Mustang....
[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 04-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Wow!!! It's amazing how many of the pre 70's muscle cars the SuperCharged Monte's can beat. Much less those of us that mod, how many V8's we can completely spank!!!

I was curious on the 87 Buick Grand National with the same size 231 engine and it pulls 14.7 in the quarter... Glad I know I can beat that now too.

It's also amazing how fast the late 90's models do and getting the good gas milage they do. I'd say almost twice that the 60's vehicles did and in some models 5 times better gas milage.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:48 AM

I just made the 14.00 last night in the 77. Bumped timing/ a little weight reduction and jetted up the secondaries and pulled the 14 flat at 95.5. Second pass i tried without airfilter and damn thing obliterated the tires (255 70 15's ) all the way through first and into wheel hop and still managed a 14.6. Time for my drag radials ( 265 60 15) and i should see 13's. So heavy and aerodynamics suck. By the way my 1/8 mile time was 8.92.. that is telling me i should be good for 13.80-90.

Oh and i'm looking into bumping up the cam now too since this one doesn't seem to have the down track power i need.. maybe voodoo 268 or the next one up.. i think 274? i have all the requirements for the bigger cam.. 3000+ converter.. 9.75 CR 3.73s etc..

Old 05-06-2007, 03:00 PM

but you have to remember how bad the emissions and smog equipment was on those cars! delete all those and properly tune the carb and they will put down much better #'s. modern fuel injection and the need for fuel efficency is making more efficent engines that will smack down any of the muscel cars HP/liter any day. also with the introduction to unleaded gas the older cars dont perform like they should either.

who'd of thought my NA 3.4L DOHC could lay down a 14.9 @93.9 mph on just motor! no boost or nos... heck it has factory exhaust manifolds, cam, and cam timing also. time is down from high 15's factory!

Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM

[align=center]Cody -1977 Monte[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing your Super Times...Great Runn'in Monte[/align][align=center]Keep posting all updates to your Monte....[/align][align=center]I hope more members post their times : )[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ _____[/align][align=center]David -z34phoenix, you have an exceptional Monte Carlo Z34[/align][align=center]Great times/Driver.[/align][align=center]Keep the Forum updated on your runs : )[/align][align=center]I enjoy your posts.[/align][align=center]Thanks,[/align][align=center]`space[/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Wow!!! It's amazing how many of the pre 70's muscle cars the SuperCharged Monte's can beat. Much less those of us that mod, how many V8's we can completely spank!!!

I was curious on the 87 Buick Grand National with the same size 231 engine and it pulls 14.7 in the quarter... Glad I know I can beat that now too.

It's also amazing how fast the late 90's models do and getting the good gas milage they do. I'd say almost twice that the 60's vehicles did and in some models 5 times better gas milage.
well it may be true that you can outrun them on paper. but good luck finding a stock Grand National lol. you might find a few that are still stock, but those are probably show cars that wouldnt think of seeing the track and SURE wouldn't think about running you from a stoplight.

same way with all the muscle cars. you've gotta think that some of those cars are 25+ years old and have had at least 1 new engine put in them. and when most people rebuild an engine to put back in their car it's usually got something added to help it get down the road faster. if nothing else boring the motor (standard on a rebuild) will yield a few ponies and some more torque.

but the Monte in the original post has some pretty impressive numbers and pretty impressive mods too.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Members, go 2 the Track & Post your Times

[/align][align=center]The Drag Rac'in Stories that the MCF Members [/align][align=center]are posting is giving me the `bug to get to the track[/align][align=center]and test my Monte Carlo LT3.[/align][align=center]I can't risk Street Rac'in anymore : ( My Insurance[/align][align=center]Company considers me `HIGH RISK & I'm sure[/align][align=center]pay'in 4 gett'in caught : ([/align][align=center]I cry [X(]every month [X(]I write the check 2 them : )[/align][align=center]Be Smart...Go 2 the Track[/align][align=center](it's safer & cheaper)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If I had the Money + Knowledge + Tools + Garage[/align][align=center]I would be check'in in2 this Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Current Bid on E-Bay Motors $5500. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link 2 view [:-][/align][align=center]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-ch...ayphotohosting[/align]

Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: matts

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

well it may be true that you can outrun them on paper. but good luck finding a stock Grand National lol. you might find a few that are still stock, but those are probably show cars that wouldnt think of seeing the track and SURE wouldn't think about running you from a stoplight.

same way with all the muscle cars. you've gotta think that some of those cars are 25+ years old and have had at least 1 new engine put in them. and when most people rebuild an engine to put back in their car it's usually got something added to help it get down the road faster. if nothing else boring the motor (standard on a rebuild) will yield a few ponies and some more torque.

but the Monte in the original post has some pretty impressive numbers and pretty impressive mods too.
Yeah, you won't find them stock anymore, but if they are... they day is yours.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Went back to the track on Friday and ran a new best of 13.86 @ 97.66 MPH .. Crappy 60 ft times with bad track prep so i was around 2.0's all night.. 1/8 mile looked decent with 8.83 @ 79 Mph.. Not bad for a boat and a mediocre 355..

Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 1977Monte

Went back to the track on Friday and ran a new best of 13.86 @ 97.66 MPH .. Crappy 60 ft times with bad track prep so i was around 2.0's all night.. 1/8 mile looked decent with 8.83 @ 79 Mph.. Not bad for a boat and a mediocre 355..
That's not bad at all. I'm sure it turned a few heads.

Quick Reply: ~ Monte Carlo 1/4 miles Drag Times/Speed ~