PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Sto n go lisence plate frame

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Or you could just run plate-less. A guy I work with has been going without one for 10 years. Only got pulled over once for it. In the Spring once I paint my filler plate, I'm going to try the same.
I ran my Camaro and one of my Grand Am's plateless. I've gotten pulled over twice and the reason was lack of front plate, which resulted in an $80 fine both times. As much as I'd like to be part of the "no front plate" crowd, the cost of getting caught is too much for me, I'll pass. Personally, I wish Ohio would just drop the law for a front plate like many other states. There is NO need for it.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I ran my Camaro and one of my Grand Am's plateless. I've gotten pulled over twice and the reason was lack of front plate, which resulted in an $80 fine both times. As much as I'd like to be part of the "no front plate" crowd, the cost of getting caught is too much for me, I'll pass. Personally, I wish Ohio would just drop the law for a front plate like many other states. There is NO need for it.
New york also need to drop the front plate law and needz to stop putting salt in the roads,it just makes them worse!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm so glad we don't have front plates here in Michigan either. I think they stopped sometime in the 70's but if they ever go back to it I'll get one of those electric ones too so I can be like James Bond.lol

Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I run no plates at times, when i get pulled over i make it look like i had no seat belt on, $10 beats $90 any day

Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I'm so glad we don't have front plates here in Michigan either. I think they stopped sometime in the 70's but if they ever go back to it I'll get one of those electric ones too so I can be like James Bond.lol
Nice hahaha
Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I run no plates at times, when i get pulled over i make it look like i had no seat belt on, $10 beats $90 any day
unless he gets you for both,..

Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 PM

my state sucks and cops sometimes have nothing else better to do.....i guess i am gonna rob the bank and drive backwards in the get away car...lol

Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Sir I see that you have no front plate.. Ummm, yes I do?

Haha that would be awesome..
wish i would have had one of these today lol, got pulled over for no front plate and having a smoke cover over my rear plate. didnt know it was illegal to have a smoke cover over your plates.. i read online its illegal to have a plate frame here in iowa but it says nothing about a cover, which u could read both my plate # and my tag fine with my cover on there.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by 02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
wish i would have had one of these today lol, got pulled over for no front plate and having a smoke cover over my rear plate. didnt know it was illegal to have a smoke cover over your plates.. i read online its illegal to have a plate frame here in iowa but it says nothing about a cover, which u could read both my plate # and my tag fine with my cover on there.
I got pulled over in Ohio for my plates being covered with a smoke plate got a 60$ ticket and then they threatened me that my windows were to dark, but I argued that I'm from Ontario and he only gave me a ticket for the plate cover. Now that I think of it the original reason he pulled me over was because my car is the "perfect drug smuggling" car

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
with a yellow monte and being 17 everything i do is considred raising hell to a cop,i get eye balled sooo much lol
I get eye balled all the time I'm 23 and my black monte with my summer rims stick out like crazy as you can see in my avatar. Surprisingly I've never been pulled over for nothing

Old 04-06-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Justin Parkinson
I got pulled over in Ohio for my plates being covered with a smoke plate got a 60$ ticket and then they threatened me that my windows were to dark, but I argued that I'm from Ontario and he only gave me a ticket for the plate cover. Now that I think of it the original reason he pulled me over was because my car is the "perfect drug smuggling" car

I get eye balled all the time I'm 23 and my black monte with my summer rims stick out like crazy as you can see in my avatar. Surprisingly I've never been pulled over for nothing
yea lol well im in the same boat as ur guys being only 17 and having such a nice car i get eye balled all the time by cops. this cop went by me and like 4 blocks later found me today lol.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 AM

The plate covers are not allowed anywhere because someone can "alter" the appearance of the plates alpha-numerics. Use similar colored tape & make a 3 into an 8, or even a B into a D, etc. And, yes, of course, anyone could alter the actual plate, but having a cover does make it somewhat visually easier for the "bad guy" to pull a "fast one".

Quick Reply: Sto n go lisence plate frame