PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: L36 Passenger Side Engine Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by PacerSS
Oh and I don't know if it was mentioned but you also need the coil pack icm plate from the l67 as well. Since the thread pitch to bolt the packs down are different and wont work.
I don't think they even knew what they were talking about, it took me an hour just to get everything off and putting the bolts back on because we gave up trying to figure out how to get the iron one on was a PITA.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
Oh and I don't know if it was mentioned but you also need the coil pack icm plate from the l67 as well. Since the thread pitch to bolt the packs down are different and wont work.
U do not need a new icm either go to a hardware store and buy the correct ones or upgrade to bigger better bolts and retap the threads for it... super easy fix.

Originally Posted by brendan127
I don't think they even knew what they were talking about, it took me an hour just to get everything off and putting the bolts back on because we gave up trying to figure out how to get the iron one on was a PITA.
Excuse me? Man I probably have way more experience with these cars then u could ever think of FYI. If it took you an hour and still couldn't figure it out u best just not ever touch it. Just saying.

Further more have fun breaking another aluminum one. Eventually you will realize who did know what they were talking about. Sorry for trying to help solve your issue instead of prolonging it.

People with your attitude is what makes people with knowledge not wanna help others.

I'm done here at this point this thread is pointless if all its gonna turn into is bashing others for quality information.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Excuse me? Man I probably have way more experience with these cars then u could ever think of FYI. If it took you an hour and still couldn't figure it out u best just not ever touch it. Just saying.

People with your attitude is what makes people with knowledge not wanna help others.

I'm done here at this point this thread is pointless if all its gonna turn into is bashing others for quality information.
X2 That's the Truth , Some people are better off taking car somewhere
instead of working on them ..

Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
U do not need a new icm either go to a hardware store and buy the correct ones or upgrade to bigger better bolts and retap the threads for it... super easy fix.

Further more have fun breaking another aluminum one. Eventually you will realize who did know what they were talking about. Sorry for trying to help solve your issue instead of prolonging it.

You ever thought that maybe you forgot to mention something? like the bolts below the coil pack plate are hard to get to? You also forgot to mention I'd need bigger bolts until just now either. Maybe I just don't have the tools to do it myself, ever think of that? How about you get your head out of your ***. I didn't say I''m putting a new aluminum one on because I believe you that it will break, I just can't get the iron one on myself.. and I'm taking it to a good friend of mine who's very good with cars and will do the job for free. I can do somethings with my car just not this. You told me it was easy and never even thought that someone might not be able to do it. I'm not stupid by any means, but I'm not exactly a mechanic expert either.

Last edited by brendan127; 07-11-2012 at 12:53 PM.