PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: L36 Passenger Side Engine Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
Yeah but will I have to do anything extra to put it on? My brother got a cast iron one for his series iii and we couldn't figure out how to put it on.
All i did was pick up a cast iron mount and remove my current coil pack mounts. Bolted right up with the bolts already holding your coil pack mount on. Installed on my L36 Series II 3800 with no issues

Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

No its direct replacement. There is 2 studs coming off of the head take the nuts off and slide the whole coil pack bracket/ mount off. Unbolt your coil packs and pull them off. Pull ur icm off and put your icm and coil packs onto the cast iron one and slide the cast iron mount on them studs and bolt on.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
No its direct replacement. There is 2 studs coming off of the head take the nuts off and slide the whole coil pack bracket/ mount off. Unbolt your coil packs and pull them off. Pull ur icm off and put your icm and coil packs onto the cast iron one and slide the cast iron mount on them studs and bolt on.
That's a lot o work when to replace the original one all you have to do is take it off and bolt the new one on.

See I has one too:

Last edited by brendan127; 07-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member

Up to u man its actually very easy takes maybe 20min. But do what ya want once u break enough of the aluminum ones you will decide to use the cast iron one lol. Also fyi I believe the plenum needs to come off to get the 1 bolt mount out. So replacing the aluminum one is actually harder lol.

Good luck in which ever way u choose.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Up to u man its actually very easy takes maybe 20min. But do what ya want once u break enough of the aluminum ones you will decide to use the cast iron one lol. Also fyi I believe the plenum needs to come off to get the 1 bolt mount out. So replacing the aluminum one is actually harder lol.

Good luck in which ever way u choose.
X2.. This guy knows what he's talking about!

I actually left the broken part of the aluminum one in because theres not really anyway to get to it without removing a lot of crap.. I put the cast iron one on in close to 20 minutes, zero issues thus far. I'm going to be adding a new lower intake manifold so I'll be taking the rest of the aluminum mount off.. but if you don't have a reason to, why not just do the cast iron mount and call it a day?

Just keep in mind, that aluminum one broke for a reason, and you'll continue to break them. Can't go wrong with the cast iron mount.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 PM

3 Year Member

I don't mean to keep posting here and sounding like a A-hole by trying to make the mount change sound easy, but that cast iron mount really is the way to go. Once you get the coil packs off it will all make sense I hope.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I actually left the broken part of the aluminum one in because theres not really anyway to get to it without removing a lot of crap.. I put the cast iron one on in close to 20 minutes, zero issues thus far. I'm going to be adding a new lower intake manifold so I'll be taking the rest of the aluminum mount off.. but if you don't have a reason to, why not just do the cast iron mount and call it a day?

Just keep in mind, that aluminum one broke for a reason, and you'll continue to break them. Can't go wrong with the cast iron mount.
100% agree

when i first broke mine i left the broken piece there as well so i didnt have to take the upper engine plenum off to get it out.

just a heads up for when you take the intake off to upgrade and you remove the rest of the broken mount you will need to plug that hole shut or it will be a hole through your head into your engine. what i did was cut the bolt that went through the mount so when it was put in and tightened it sets flush with the inside of the head and then filed the threads that got messed up from cutting the bolt and used red loctite and tada fixed lol. or you can use washers to build up the space the mount used on the bolt or smooth the broken piece of the mount round and use that as a spacer.

im not meaning to sound like a "know it all etc." but ive built many of these engines and had many of these engines out of vehicles etc. so i know most all the short cuts and what can be used from other vehicles to make our cars more reliable etc. if it was not worth doing this mod i would of never told you about it.

i think you need to look at what the aluminum mount connects to and where it bolts to and how the cast iron one goes on and then you will think differently and agree with us.

one more thing to consider if you do the cast iron swap is get new coil pack bolts with a bigger head on them (the stock coil pack bolts with that tiny head strip out very easy) you can find them at the hardware store just take one of the coil pack bolts in so you get the same thread size and thread pitch.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

This looks like a sensable upgrade

Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

If you're dead set on the old one I have a few. I could sell you one for that price plus shipping no problem. I think I have the other style one laying around. But I definitely have 2 or 3 L36 style. Message me if you're interested. 2 of them came off 15k or less motors so they're really clean.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Oh and I don't know if it was mentioned but you also need the coil pack icm plate from the l67 as well. Since the thread pitch to bolt the packs down are different and wont work.

Quick Reply: Wanted: L36 Passenger Side Engine Bracket