PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: Jeff gordon ss monte parts..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM

yours i see dont have the 24 on the front? u have flames on yours?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM

Hey guys i called the # yall provided they told me my car was # 626....and shes sending me the coa....idk if 626 is good or if it matters...makes me feel good tho that i finally have a production number...lol

Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by chevy202
yours i see dont have the 24 on the front? u have flames on yours?
Nope havnt put my 24 on yet but itll be on before show season & no flames my car was wrecked when i bought it, im gonna paint em on sometime

Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM

if anyonslooking i have a set of 24 headrest,the 24 speedo cover,an a set of the jeff gordon floor matsfloor mat are in poor condition but willing to sell all as a package if eaither of you guys are intrested

Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM

All i need is floor mats, pm me a price & pics & we can work a deal

Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM

Hi everyone. FNG here.

I have one of these cars as well. #936. Wanted to offer a little information I discovered.

This site is pretty helpful if you want original GM part numbers:
W27 DECALS/BODY (JEFF GORDON EDITION Z4J);. Fits: Impala, Impala o, Lumina, Monte Carlo | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

If nothing else, it may aid in your search. I was surprised it showed a license plate though instead of the 24 decal.

I tracked down my COA by contacting the original owner of the car. I was lucky in that the dealer had entered his information on the first page of the warranty booklet, which was with my owner's manual in the glovebox. Luckily, he lived 20 minutes from me. I called, had a good chat with him, and he agreed to give me the letter from GM and the COA.

Not sure if that will work in your situation, but it may give you a direction to check.

It's been an interesting run learning about this car. I bought it just thinking it was a really nice Monte. I'm not a NASCAR guy by any stretch, so I didn't put any though into it being special at all until I looked them up online.

Anyway, I'm a barterer by nature, that's how I got the car. So it won't be with me much longer. It's on eBay now and I've got a few trade offers on the side locally. It may be gone by the weekend.

OH!! I have a full set of floor mats, never used. Stored since new. My windshield is being replaced as I type this, and they ordered a new decal right from Berger Chevrolet for me, but if the car has been traded by then I may have that for sale too. If I take a trade I've been offered, the guy said I could keep them to offset the difference in value between his car and mine. If that happens, I will have a set for sale.

Last edited by TimberwolfFXDL; 11-30-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chevy202
Thanks guys thats pretty high for a decal..lol would a remake bring down the value?idk what the cars worth like to get her close to original if i decide to sell...
Personally, I would not be going through the trouble of replacing the decals and such for re-sale value. The reason I say this is because you will have to ensure they are true OEM (as pointed out, that is costly) and the placement is spot on to factory. My next concern is, why are so many things missing from the car's appearance? Was any body work done? Even if a carfax (or similiar) report shows it's "clean" does not mean someone did not have work done to it for one reason or another. If there was body work done or documentation that can be found that it was in a wreck, you're value takes a hit, the car is NOT original.

The money and time you spend making it "original" for resale value I don't think will be worth it in the end (not to mention, if you go to sell it as a "collector car", I personally feel it should be disclosed that you "restored" it to it's original appearance).
Just my two cents.

NOW, on the other hand, if you are doing all this because you want the car to look original, go for it. I completely understand, completely support that idea.

Best of luck sourcing the missing pieces. Looking at this thread some great info is flying around

Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Only parts hes missing is add on that come with the car but not on it & plate fillers go missing alot so hes prob got a different filler than the original

Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM

to each their own i guess.. i get bored with cars as well and also buy, sell and trade on ocasion thats how i got this car so cheap...its like a hobby of mine, i stopped drinking and picked up this hobby idk what was more expensive this or drinking..lol anyway TIMBERWOLF how much for floor mats and decals if u sell ll buy them....i alsol need a driver lower seat cover if anyone knows where to get one..thanks

Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Only parts hes missing is add on that come with the car but not on it & plate fillers go missing alot so hes prob got a different filler than the original
I thought all the decals and things for the special/limited edition Montes came on the car from the factory? I thought the OP also mentioned he's missing the "Team Monte Carlo" decals (I believe on the spoiler).

I know the '89 Turbo T/A the door decals (that inform of it being an Indy Pace car) where the only ones optional to the buyer if they were put on (the rest of the badging was standard).

If I am wrong and mis-understand, and these decals were NOT installed at the factory then that changes my entire statement. But I'm still nto sure the cost of replacing them will net anything in re-sale of the car.

Quick Reply: Wanted: Jeff gordon ss monte parts..