Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Window tinting percentages help please. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Question Window tinting percentages help please. Thanks.

Hey guys, I live in mass and i have an 87 ss. I know the limit is 35% all around but i've seen much darker. Has anyone had any luck or know how much darker 20% is? I've also even heard of people doing 35% on the driver/passenger door and then 20% on the rear window and the little windows in the back seat. Anyone have pictures of their monte with tint and percents? For example if you have the same tint all around or if you have 35% up front and 20 in the back. I mean how likely will a cop stop you for 20% all around. thank you. I also have the t tops which let in alot of light. I might tint those 3% or just black them out completely because they bake the inside of my car on sunny days

Old 08-04-2011, 07:35 AM

I hope the below link helps & answers your questions

Massachusetts Window Tint Law | TintCenter Window Tinting

www.tintcenter.com/laws/MA/ - CachedSimilar
Car Tint and Window Film Website ... You are here: HOME -> Massachusetts Window Tint Law ... OTHER MASSACHUSETTS RULES AND REGULATIONS ...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A lot of it depends on how the cops are in your area. I tinted my windows with 35% when the legal limit is 70% here in Iowa. I live in a small town where the cops will get after you for just about anything, mostly because they are bored. I got pulled over the SECOND day I had the tint on. They told me to take it off. However, where I go to school the city is much much bigger. The cops have actual problems to deal with and dont but the many tinted windows I see. Personally, I wouldn't tint them over the legal limit because it might just cost you more in the long run whether you have to take it off or even get a ticket.

I do think that tinting the t-tops as dark as possible is a good idea.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 AM

Our legal limit here in mass is 35 all around but they really only look at the front windows. I was thinking maybe doing the t tops 5%, front windows 35, and the back 3 windows 20%. The 20 rears and 5 on the ts may make the 35's look darker whil still being legal. How does that sound?

Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

You're probably right about them not caring too much about the rear windows. Heck there's NO limit for them here. Good point how your fronts will look darker than they really are. My rear quarters are 20% but look identical to the back which is 5% because it blocks a lot of light from coming in.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

I just got mine done about a month ago and it's 35 in front and 20 for the back two and rear window. (neb. legal limit) It doesn't look bad, i was tempted to go with 20 all around (an under the counter kind of thing) because i didn't want anyone to tell the difference between the two shades, but after thinking about it, it would have been too much trouble for what it's worth. And nobody has said anything about it being two different shades anyways. Between having to roll down the window before the cop approaches everytime i get pulled over, and not being able to see as much at night, I just stuck with legal. . . . .i must be getting old, 4 years ago i wouldn't have even thought about it.