Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am on the fence does it cost you more ?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

i''ll go outside into the garage & take a pic of exactly how low it is so you can see if you wanna do it. gimme a sec to find my camera lol

Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2001 ss keith
I am on the fence does it cost you more ?
most places charge an extra 20 to 30 bucks but i got mine free with the special they were doing. I think it makes a huge difference but that could just be me. I'll post before & after pics without the windshield banner in a sec

Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM

mk just went outside & these are the pics I took of the line. It was kinda hard to get some since my car is a mess from the storms today. I got my visor down to the bottom of the mirror && sorry for some of the bad quality pics...some of them i had to take without the flash & my camera aint too great when the flash is off

-Here is from my eye-height...I couldve gotten it farther down but i didnt wanna risk it anymore & my dad drives my car sometimes so i gotta make sure he can see outta it...ignore the messy garage lol i am still trying to set/clean it all up

Here's are the pics of the AS1 line...this first one I had to point to where the line is bcuz you cant see it in the pictures

Here's from the outside

Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

how dark is yours? i think id go like 5% on that since there's no law, but i want it to be dark enough so the decal would show up good, i plan on doing the monte carlo decal on there

Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Mk here are some before & after & after after (lol) pics of the visor. i have more on my cardomain

Here are a couple without the windshield banner..sorry dont have many good ones that show it

&& then here's what she looks like now

Believe me it makes a different lol just is kinda hard to see in these pics

Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
how dark is yours? i think id go like 5% on that since there's no law, but i want it to be dark enough so the decal would show up good, i plan on doing the monte carlo decal on there
i'm pretty sure mine is 15% to match the back. the hardest part about getting the visor is getting use to it lol bcuz when you are sitting at a red light or something you look through the visor & then when you are driving you catch the dark/light separation in the corner of your eye & it kinda throws you off...or at least it threw me off lol

Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
i'm pretty sure mine is 15% to match the back. the hardest part about getting the visor is getting use to it lol bcuz when you are sitting at a red light or something you look through the visor & then when you are driving you catch the dark/light separation in the corner of your eye & it kinda throws you off...or at least it threw me off lol
okay i think at that point it shouldnt bother me too much, i do have one chip in my window, i think that will throw me off more than the tint will haha

Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
okay i think at that point it shouldnt bother me too much, i do have one chip in my window, i think that will throw me off more than the tint will haha
ha i have a chip in my windshield too...i cried when it happened lol i had it filled up the next day for 30 bucks

Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 PM

danmit! I SPOKE TO QUICK. i just got pulled over today for my tints.. for once i was actually lucky with a cop though. i was in violation of my restrictions.. he ignored that and wrote my ticket so that if i get it taken off and another cop signs off on it, the fine/fee is waived.. this sux, anyone know a goodway to take the driver and passenger window tint off?

Quick Reply: Window Tint