Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Wheel pin stripes

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:24 PM
1 Year Member
Default Wheel pin stripes

I assume this is the right area to post this and I apologize if it's not. Anyway. I just got some new wheels put on my car and when the tire shop was putting them on they ended up scratching my 3 of my 4 wheels with there machine. So they originally planned on having my rims re powder coated which isn't going to happen because then there is a chance they scratch the rims again. So I told the guy to have someone pinstripe them for me. Which for some reason he still wants to go through the trouble of having the wheels taken off along with the tires and having them re powder coated and then all installed again and I'm just not going down that route. Anyway, has anyone had a vinyl pinstripe run around there wheels before and does it last pretty well? Or should I have them painted on? Also from the research I have done, it almost seems like legit pin striping with a brush and all that is almost a lost art. The few places that I have talked to actually mask everything off and spray a stripe on now. Does anyone know if that would still look pretty decent? I apologize for all the questions and rambling, I am just trying to find out as much information as I can so I can be pretty well compensated for someone else's mistake. I appreciate any help.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hand painted is always nice but the taped off and sprayed on is pretty good aswell