6th Gen ('00-'05): Underneath rear bumper - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Paint/Body Work/Exterior
Reload this Page >

6th Gen ('00-'05): Underneath rear bumper

Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Underneath rear bumper

Old 11-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Default Underneath rear bumper

There's a metal brace under the whole rear bumper, and on the left side, behind the tire this brace is bent in significantly, allowing the bumper cover to move almost 6 inches. This brace doesn't seem to move easy, any ideas to bend it back? I'll ad pictures when I get my car back next week. Thanks y'all

Old 11-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am guessing this "brace" is the impact bar. Depending how bad it is bent, you may want to replace it. Odds are you may want to unbolt it from the car and work with it.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
I am guessing this "brace" is the impact bar. Depending how bad it is bent, you may want to replace it. Odds are you may want to unbolt it from the car and work with it.
It's not the impact bar, I should have explained better. It is most definitely aluminum, but quite thick/strong. This part of it wraps around to the side of the car and seems only to be there to hold the bumper cover in place.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 1st-monte-ls View Post
It's not the impact bar, I should have explained better. It is most definitely aluminum, but quite thick/strong. This part of it wraps around to the side of the car and seems only to be there to hold the bumper cover in place.
Take it to a body shop and ask for an estimate to repair it. They will usually be able to tell what it is and then you maybe able to repair it via an easier method.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:48 AM

Felling Excited!
Thank you very much i received as on accessories order from CARiD with no damage and they look beautiful on my lowrider shout out to your company.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.