Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

such thing as tint repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Default such thing as tint repair?

i feel stupid asking this because im only asking since work is slow and i cant replace everythiing and start new. okay, so.. i was driving with my friend in the passanger seat and we stop at a gas station and he looks back and ruins my life by telling me my tint (which i just got put on not long ago) is messed up, i look back and sure enough, theres a nick followed by about 5 more as the window meets the rear deck we see a ROCK lodged, just stuck there.

of course we came to the conclusion the rock was the culpret i just had no idea that could happen! that coulda been my face guys!

i was wondering, do i or should i just replace the whole damn back window? its suttle enough to where yu cant see it on the outside unless seriously straining your eyes but on the inside all you see is holes of light since its so dark. ehghgalgal BLAH i guess theres no way to repair it that i know of, im just trying to not get sad. you know how it is when something effs up your monte =/

Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Was it pro installed ?, or did you do the install of the tint ? How old is your tint...There's no easy ways to fix it that I know that would look right...The best way is to have it redone...Or, just don't look @ `it or stay in a "420 State of Mind" What LOL~>

Hopefully, one of our member's will read your thread & have a solution to fix it that I don't know...I don't know a lot, but `if there's is a rock under the tint I think it would have to be removed & replaced...Oh, what type of Rock is it ? Is it a illegal Rock

Sorry for my weird humor, but your user name encouraged it ..Wish you good luck on getting it fixed or repaired..
Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 08-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 AM

If you had a professional shop do it tack it back and have them redo it. They should do it if they stand behind their work I mean how can you miss something like that?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Only fix is to redo it

Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Was it pro installed ?, or did you do the install of the tint ? How old is your tint...There's no easy ways to fix it that I know that would look right...The best way is to have it redone...Or, just don't look @ `it or stay in a "420 State of Mind" What LOL~>

Hopefully, one of our member's will read your thread & have a solution to fix it that I don't know...I don't know a lot, but `if there's is a rock under the tint I think it would have to be removed & replaced...Oh, what type of Rock is it ? Is it a illegal Rock

Sorry for my weird humor, but your user name encouraged it ..Wish you good luck on getting it fixed or repaired..
Peace/Out from `Space

lmao.

its not under the tint, and it was professionally done but no warrenty because i had them put it on top of old tint. =/ they didnt have time to remove the old stuff or i would have a warrenty right now. i think i am going to have to get it replaced im just kinda pissed at mother nature right now for flinging a rock through my window

Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BakedOutCarLo420
lmao.

its not under the tint, and it was professionally done but no warrenty because i had them put it on top of old tint. =/ they didnt have time to remove the old stuff or i would have a warrenty right now. i think i am going to have to get it replaced im just kinda pissed at mother nature right now for flinging a rock through my window

Yes, I don't like deal'in with Mother Nature 4-Sure. She has some bad rocks out there that can mess U `up 4-Sure...I'd keep my windows closed & a/c on & don't let her in your ride...It is the first time I've ever heard or read about Mother Nature throw'in stones inside of a car like that & polk'in holes in tint...WoW, U could be the 1st ? Maybe it's a record of some kind ? She was most likely `high again on life & was outa control again...She does that a lot in my area...She can cause a lot of damage, but she sure has power to make some great super waves during hurricane season
Sorry that I misread your words. I was in a fog this morn'in & just try'in 2 help U `out. I hope U can get a good price from your "Tint Dealer" & that he hooks U `up with some good tint 4-Sure @ a Good price $
Peace/Happiness 2 U ~> EnJoy & Party `$mart

Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Cool

Yes, I don't like deal'in with Mother Nature 4-Sure. She has some bad rocks out there that can mess U `up 4-Sure...I'd keep my windows closed & a/c on & don't let her in your ride...It is the first time I've ever heard or read about Mother Nature throw'in stones inside of a car like that & polk'in holes in tint...WoW, U could be the 1st ? Maybe it's a record of some kind ? She was most likely `high again on life & was outa control again...She does that a lot in my area...She can cause a lot of damage, but she sure has power to make some great super waves during hurricane season
Sorry that I misread your words. I was in a fog this morn'in & just try'in 2 help U `out. I hope U can get a good price from your "Tint Dealer" & that he hooks U `up with some good tint 4-Sure @ a Good price $
Peace/Happiness 2 U ~> EnJoy & Party `$mart
wont be anytime soon, lost job today over some stupid ****. now i gotta deal with that. <3 life.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:39 PM

wont be anytime soon, lost job today over some stupid ****. now i gotta deal with that. <3 life.

WoW Baked `Out, that sucks 4-Sure. I guess the tint prob is now a minor prob. Can you start your own bike repair business from home ? Do you have tools ? You can use the net to get business. Maybe you could make more $'s work'in 4-yourself ?

I just got off my recharge & I'm still a little foggy, but maybe the below article might help...Don't get 2 Baked `Out & it may help get your Mind right with some suggestions to move on 2 better things (?) your choice 4-Real..

Wish U the best & don't let the bad news keep U down 4-Sure...U gota fight life & not let it win...If U give `up it wins 4-Sure...GOOD LUCK & keep us updated...

How To Cope and Stay Positive When Bad Things Happen
How To Cope and Stay Positive When Bad Things Happen | Self Confidence | Positive Thinking | Personal Development - Justified Lions
Click above link from far out `Space It's a Mind `Trip that may help you or any member that click this link...

Last edited by Space; 08-04-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:24 PM

WoW Baked `Out, that sucks 4-Sure. I guess the tint prob is now a minor prob. Can you start your own bike repair business from home ? Do you have tools ? You can use the net to get business. Maybe you could make more $'s work'in 4-yourself ?

I just got off my recharge & I'm still a little foggy, but maybe the below article might help...Don't get 2 Baked `Out & it may help get your Mind right with some suggestions to move on 2 better things (?) your choice 4-Real..

Wish U the best & don't let the bad news keep U down 4-Sure...U gota fight life & not let it win...If U give `up it wins 4-Sure...GOOD LUCK & keep us updated...

How To Cope and Stay Positive When Bad Things Happen
How To Cope and Stay Positive When Bad Things Happen | Self Confidence | Positive Thinking | Personal Development - Justified Lions
Click above link from far out `Space It's a Mind `Trip that may help you or any member that click this link...
lol im not a complete pothead there are 3 companies competing in my state, i have thought about that but I need more money and people to even get an edge. im just going to work somewhere crappy for awhile till opportunities open up. and i think the way my old boss setup the contract, if i even mess with another company or try to do anything on my own i can get sued. its a real mess. friend is getting sued and everything... people are just shady these days and it sucks good people have to pay for their gain in life.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 AM

lol im not a complete pothead there are 3 companies competing in my state, i have thought about that but I need more money and people to even get an edge. im just going to work somewhere crappy for awhile till opportunities open up. and i think the way my old boss setup the contract, if i even mess with another company or try to do anything on my own i can get sued. its a real mess. friend is getting sued and everything... people are just shady these days and it sucks good people have to pay for their gain in life.

Hi Baked`Out, it's great 2 read that you are not a complete Pot`Head & just a part time one
I've known those that do the burn 2 burn from sun `up 2 sun down & they are way baked 4 - Sure.

I do not indulge, but have in my experimental teen era. I do believe it should be legal & taxed, but that a whole different longer debate on the pro's & con's.

Just wanted 2 wish you good luck on finding some legal income to survive until U can get back 2 do'in what U like 2 `do. Sure hope U can make the best of this Bad situation & not let it keep U down...Keep us updated OK

p.s. maybe you could get a `job in a Tint Shop What ?
It's a good environment & most of them let U play your tunes as you put tint on peep's rides...Just a suggestion....
Peace/Out from `Space

WoW, this thread has taken a U-turn & has been Space Jacked (LOL) 4-$ure

Last edited by Space; 08-05-2012 at 07:57 AM.