Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Resistor for LED headlights?

Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Question Resistor for LED headlights?

Hey all this isn't exactly body work and if y'all know of an electrical topic feel free to move this there. Has anyone done an LED conversion for the headlights or high beams on the newer Montes? They definitely have a sensor to indicate a bulb out but would they need a resistor to cancel out the lack of amperage draw? I plan on converting every light I can to LED to preserve the electrical system as long as possible and keep the battery from dying during extended light use when the car isn't running. Thanks in advance for y'alls help.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 PM

I have done led headlights high and low. Don't need resistors just the led drivers for the led itself.

​https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/my-03-ss-59781/​​​​​​

Last edited by Steelbizkit; 02-20-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.